Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
That "thump" seems to be an all to common issue. I've had it when I first lowered the car as well once I installed my rear tower bar the issue seemed to be non existant not sure if that's what corrected it but its non existant in my is, if I do attend that bbq I'm down to caravan with the ie guys I live in Orange but willing to meet up on a local freeway with u guys jimboozy u have my number broski Lmk if u guys decided to caravan

·
Registered
251 Posts
That "thump" seems to be an all to common issue. I've had it when I first lowered the car as well once I installed my rear tower bar the issue seemed to be non existant not sure if that's what corrected it but its non existant in my is, if I do attend that bbq I'm down to caravan with the ie guys I live in Orange but willing to meet up on a local freeway with u guys jimboozy u have my number broski Lmk if u guys decided to caravan
Did you install the rear tower bar and that other rear rear upper bar at the same time? I remember you showin' us that one real close to the trunk hatch. I just installed the rear tower bar and still have the thump.. it's not bad just when I go over speed bumps. You got it I'm hoping more peeps on this thread go! I've committed so I'm goin' for sure

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put my rear and front tower bars back on with the coilovers and i still have it. When do you plan to buy your sways and end links since im going to buy them too. So my vote for the mini meet is Thursday, location can be changed but the del taco on main st is off the 91 and 15.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The lower trunk bar was installed way after but also never really noticed a difference just mainly bought it because I had never seen it lol but it may also be worn bushings

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put my rear and front tower bars back on with the coilovers and i still have it. When do you plan to buy your sways and end links since im going to buy them too. So my vote for the mini meet is Thursday, location can be changed but the del taco on main st is off the 91 and 15.
I messed with my rear toe and camber settings and it's not as loud now. If I can get where I want to go with toe and camber settings on the stock parts It'll be soon. If I can't, then I'll be getting the figs lca's and toe arms first. I'm cool with thursday, 6 or 7 ish? Could mob to Adams?

The lower trunk bar was installed way after but also never really noticed a difference just mainly bought it because I had never seen it lol but it may also be worn bushings
After looking at the those trac link bushings (i think that's what they're called) and my lca bushings, I would agree that it's just worn bushings. More to add to the list haha.

I think I can make it to the BBQ lets caravan out there guys, I just need to confirm my schedule before anything
gitt on that bro! Almost 2 weeks out, if anything get that day off ya know what i mean :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
So i have 3 votes for thursday jimboozy,sedandan, and me. Any one else down for Thursday? Maybe cruise to some cool spots and whip out the camera phones?

Im going to raise up the car and look over the links and bushing for any cracked or dry rotted parts so ill let you guys know what i find. Lol Im sure we will have a good discussion on this during the meet.

·
Registered
858 Posts
i wish i can make it to the meet but my car is getting at the shop getting tuned.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No I actually just got an IS250 about 2 months ago I noticed most of u are driving is 300's hope im still welcome to tag along!
All IS's are welcome :)

Roll Callin':

1. That_IS
2. Sedandan
3. Jimboozy
4. Joel1212
5. Peker?

Meeting at 6 at Del Taco off Main in Corona then cruisin' over to Adam's Track to watch some cool drift action

121 - 140 of 273 Posts