Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Injen's 2nd generation intake, and it's so shity..i can't believe i paid $240.00 for that piece of crap..haha..well im think about K&N Typhoon.To all of you who have the K&N typhoon intake system how is it?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
the K&N is a nice intake system.. i like it personally.. i have had the AEM, Toms drop in, and also stock as well..

overall , the K&N sounds nice, good performance gains, and was a good deal..

you may need new hoses tho, becuz the ones that came with my intake were a tight fit at best..

also, look into a heat shield.. i have the PLP II shield.. its nice and light weight..

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
i dunno never tried them, but i have seen both of them in person..its tough to make the call, they are both great!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
everytime i see your user name, i want to start removing your posts, go to your profile and type

TURBONETICS
or
turbonetics
or
Turbonetics

please!

now to answer your post, the K&N should be alright, but the best intake anyone seems to have used is the SRT. it seems to have yielded the most power for its cost. if not, try and get an afc with your K&N.

-gte

TuRbONeTiCs said:
I have Injen's 2nd generation intake, and it's so shity..i can't believe i paid $240.00 for that piece of crap..haha..well im think about K&N Typhoon.To all of you who have the K&N typhoon intake system how is it?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I've had my K&N for 6 months now and I love it. Good HP gains, great sound and no CEL(just one my fault). Like dpatterson said get longer and better hoses before you install it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I have the injen...just got it. Had it tuned w/ the safc and I really like it.

Word.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yup, I reckon Ingen Intakes are overpriced, In the Ingen website, a dyno showed a 5.5 hp gain and basiclly none on torque, on the other hand the AEM has a Dyno of about 11 hp gain and around 6 ft/lb torque, but only for around 160bux, and the Injen is aroudn 210 best..............

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
:-?
k, when is injen releasing a gen III? of this, i've never heard...
and what is it, exactly, that some people don't prefer about their gen II?

in two weeks i was going to throw down the $200+ fpr one, and this thread is making me nervous :eek:

essentially i want a polished intake w/ filter cone that won't trip the cel--actually i don't care about the cel if i can fix it by tuning my s-afc... but no srt: i want a tunable a/f controller, and not a stealth piggy-back. i would love to just buy the srt intake w/o contoller BUT THEY WON'T SELL IT...

aem=massive problems on IS, hence the production freeze, yes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
MSM MT IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing