Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Lexus will void the warranty if I have an INjen Intake kit installed on my car? My second question is , if I install that kit will it make a noticeable difference in the performance? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thirdjoe
2002 Absolute Red IS 300, 5 Speed

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just installed an Injen Generation 3 intake yesterday, the one that comes with a heatshield. So far i am pretty happy with the intake because it makes the engine LOUD as hell. Before with my Apexi exhaust on, i can barely hear the engine... maybe a little whine. Now its growling, overcoming the exhaust during acceleration. As for performance, there is a loss on the low end. The car does not feel as eager to move when i just tap the gas a little bit. The performance does increase when the car hits a higher RPM and at quicker speeds. There is a very nice pull at the top end, so making the sacrifice at the low end worth it. The intake performs quite well especially on a hot summer day... feels like when you are driving at night with cold air. Well i just resetted my ECU so i am not sure if i am getting the best out of the intake yet. But so far so good, no CEL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts