Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I myself am waiting for the Cold Air Extention and i'm definately going to buy this because I like the sound of this intake on 6-cylinder cars. My friend has it on his V6 Accord. Also, all the people I know that have Injen are very happy with it.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
101 Posts
ROB3379 - I have an Injen Intake installed in my car. I do not believe Injen will be making a cold-air extension for the intake. In answer to UNICRON's concern - my intake is places quite far from the engine/header and pretty close to the top of the engine compartment to avoid heat surrounding the filter. Works and sounds great... the sound is more throaty... and very sporty... not noisy at all, just like the RMM Intake (without the shield) I'm having a bodyshop custom make a shield for me. I purchased the Injen Intake for $150.00

[This message has been edited by Philharmonic (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by Philharmonic:
ROB3379 - I have an Injen Intake installed in my car. I do not believe Injen will be making a cold-air extension for the intake. In answer to UNICRON's concern - my intake is places quite far from the engine/header and pretty close to the top of the engine compartment to avoid heat surrounding the filter. Works and sounds great... the sound is more throaty... and very sporty... not noisy at all, just like the RMM Intake (without the shield) I'm having a bodyshop custom make a shield for me. I purchased the Injen Intake for $150.00

[This message has been edited by Philharmonic (edited November 30, 2000).]
Where did you buy your Injen intake?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Yeah, I think you guys should know that unless the intake is over $800 dollars and has multiple dyno runs certified by the Florida Secretary of State that it is pretty much a useless piece of crap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
Yeah, I think you guys should know that unless the intake is over $800 dollars and has multiple dyno runs certified by the Florida Secretary of State that it is pretty much a useless piece of crap.
Well, then again, $800 vs. $150... you get what you pay for. If I had $800, I would buy the "Florida State Certified" intake (Why Florida Cerfitied???). Regardless how many hps the Injen gives me along with my exhaust, I'm still happy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Doug,

I disagree. Iceman and AEM cold air intakes have a pretty good design, and they cost around $200.00.

I feel that the air box that the IS300 has was designed to resonate (keeps the air filter quiet), but it is a bit restrictive on air flow.

If you just have a intake design that is...

1. set up with a quality air filter,
2. stand alone (without resonator),
3. set up where the air filter is taking in cold air,

a horsepower increase is very likely.

By the way...I'm not saying that the Injen Intake is good/bad product (hanen't seen the dyno sheet yet).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why is everyone comparing the Swift intake to other intakes. It's not the same comparison. Injen is just an intake for $250. Swift is an intake an ECU for $800. Compare intake to intake hmmm is there any performance difference. ECU upgrades will be made alot cheaper in time.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Philharmonic,

I'm really interested w/ this Injen intake system. Where did you purchase your Injen intake? IMHO, $150 is a GOOD deal! =)

Thanx for your help!

ps. if you have the store's email address or phone #s that'll be great!

[This message has been edited by mystic (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't think a cold air extentsion is possible since I was looking into the engine bay the other day and there's not a whole lot of room to work with (you can't stick it down like the AEM because of no space; only possibility is perhaps in front of the radiator.)

And I don't know about some people (ahem, Doug) but wanting a dyno sheet for a product is merely a sign of an informed consumer. If you take a look at most Honda tuning parts, nobody gives dyno sheets for intakes, headers, exhaust; why? Because they make negligble power gains, and if people actually knew that the $500 DC headers they just bought brought up their power a pitiful 1HP, many would reconsider. Take a look at Import Tuner's monthly dyno sheets for aftermarket Honda stuff and you can get a good laugh from the HP increases.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Dour (cough..Doug) I guess you are living up to your name, LOL.

rob3379 at least someone knows the differences, thank you.

shadoh6 sounds like you are pretty well informed, and you just made my point, That is why we provide Dyno Sheets for our HFI combo, a 12RWHP (17FWHP) increase from an intake system is very respectable. $500 and 1hp, damn!

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muhammad the Swift ECU. Is it compatible with other mods. I mean will it work with bigger mods turbo,sc,NOS, you now what I mean.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Like I said guys, take it from Mohamud. No one will ever provide an intake superior to his even if his is three times as expensive and then some. Whew, thats' a lot of Chalupas.

Hey Muhamad, you better straighten out Unicorn, another possible enemy sailing out of control.

·
Registered
291 Posts
DOUG,

Favor please, STOP being arrogant and bashing at other people who are trying to release good IS products out into the market to please car enthusiasts and modifiers alike.

Let SRT make its headway.

I'm very content with my setup and cant wait to go to the next stages.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I second this request. Giving your opinion is one thing, but being an a$$ about it is not appreciated by anyone.
Originally posted by Jebzter:
DOUG,

Favor please, STOP being arrogant and bashing at other people who are trying to release good IS products out into the market to please car enthusiasts and modifiers alike.

Let SRT make its headway.

I'm very content with my setup and cant wait to go to the next stages.

Happy Holidays!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
14 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing