Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received my Injen Intake today (thanks to .net member Y0shi) and installed it. After taking it out for a ride, I decided to go out for another one later and will make some sound clips. :D
Here is what I think of the Injen Intake:
Installation:
Took about 30 minutes for the Injen. The SRT intake was about 1 hour with all the soldering.
Power Gains:
I feel a good power gain with the Injen intake and like some have said, it is definitely louder than the SRT intake at around 6000 RPM. However, I still think the SRT provides more power. Nevertheless, the G3 Injen does a decent job for its value and does provide respectable gains. With the upcoming SAFC, race pipe and header, I am hoping this intake will be a better choice for me instead of the SRT intake.
Appearance:
The SRT intake piping did not have the shining and reflection kind of look like the Injen intake does. IMO, it is all personal preference of what you like. However, the Injen intakes do come with various color choices for its filter, rubber connectors and tubes (in my case I have a navy blue filter with black rubber connectors and tubes) Personally, I like the SRT piping finish (non-shining) with the Injen color filter, rubber connector and tubes. :D

Lastly, I did NOT reset my ECU and did NOT get a CEL for the first 15 miles I just drove. The Injen Intake also clears the JIC STB well when the car is off. However, my intake does rub with the STB when the car is in motion and when its turning LEFT and left only, while accelerating at the same time.
So, with all of those being said, who wants to hear some sound clips of the Injen Intake+HKS Carbon ti. Exhaust and who can host the sound clips for me?

And have a Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah id be interested in hearing that

·
Registered
765 Posts
SRT doesn't own Injen though with an SAFCII. I got more rwhp from my Injen/SAFC when tuned along side my exhaust. alone, yes the SRT does own the injen but for about the same price if not cheaper you can get more gains and tune your car to what you need. IMO go with the Injen Intake w/safc and you won't regret it. --matt

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opdawg3 said:
SRT doesn't own Injen though with an SAFCII. I got more rwhp from my Injen/SAFC when tuned along side my exhaust. alone, yes the SRT does own the injen but for about the same price if not cheaper you can get more gains and tune your car to what you need. IMO go with the Injen Intake w/safc and you won't regret it. --matt
agree.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Gen 3 generally doesnt give CELs...ive had mine for about 5000 miles, no CEL since i installed it...knock on wood....
i also have the Blitz filter mod which adds about 4 -5 hp...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AltezzaBoy03 said:
have the Blitz filter mod which adds about 4 -5 hp...
where did you get the filter from?

Also, I have some clips ready, just need someone to host the files.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
www.overboost.com

you will need an adapter, the filter, an extra sleeve (the thing that connects the pipe and throttle body), and a bracket...

PM alredxiii for better details :lol:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
that looks like my car...except its black...and i dont have the JIC STB :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the G2 comes with one big sticker on the piping right? and it says "INJEN"
the G3 has small stickers and has like the CARB certified numbers on it. someone please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeap thats right

i didnt know the g3 stickers can be removed...it feels like a metal plate... :lol:

anyway, my pipe is pretty scratched up so removing it will make the scratches more noticeable

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
unplug positive or negative terminal on battery...wait about 15 - 45 mins and replug...

then, re-enter your radio stations, and your good to go!

im not responsible for your own screw ups!

·
Registered
50 Posts
AltezzaBoy03 said:
im not responsible for your own screw ups!
haha thanks for the tip. I'm about to install an l-sportline exhaust on my car would resetting the ECU after i install it give me more power? would it help at all or should i just leave it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.