Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the new injen with the headershield and i was just wondering if it will work normally on a 2003 is300, the maf sensor seems to be really up there, i know that caused problems before, so will it be a problem for me?
i have a what i think is a Gen 3 intake, the new ones that are painted black by injen.
thanks for your help

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got the same one about a month ago. within the first week I got a CEL and my TRAC light came on. I just unpluged the battery for about an hour and I have not had that problem since. I wish I got the SRT from the start, but I like the injen and im not going to sell it just to get a diffrent intake.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i got the gen 3 but i dont remember it being black...unless u mean the heatshield...

ive never had any CEL ot Trac Light problems...

but i modded the filter to a Blitz SUS...

·
Registered
765 Posts
i have the Injen Intake and would highly recommend getting an Apexi SAFCII. you will feel a decent boost in power off of stock. i rode around on the Injen and Exhaust for a while but i felt a loss in low end torque. I added the SAFCII and tuned it and wow the car seemed to be perkier and responded alot better. Low end was restored and gained along with everything else throughout the power band. If anybody is interested i have a few Apexi SAFCII's for sale. let me know.--matt

·
Registered
452 Posts
umm, there were problems with injen's intake in the past -> 1st and 2nd generation.

but they fixed the cel light problem on the 3rd generation.
I had it early last year, and I drove about 5k without any cel light or any other problems.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the second generation Injen w/heatshield and have not ever had a CEL light come on even before i had my SAFC installed and tuned.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A few questions about that Apexi SAFCII. I have the injen intake and a greddy evo exhaust. Is this something that is easy to install ? I dont want something that is going to be a bitch to install, and I would like to remove it if I have to bring my car to the dealer for service. is it easy to tune the car with it ? anything else I should know about it ? How much do you want for one ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
damn i have the same setup...except i modded the filter to Blitz...

im planning on getting the SAFC2 later on...

from what ive heard, its hard to install it but not impossible

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
AltezzaBoy03 said:
damn i have the same setup...except i modded the filter to Blitz...

im planning on getting the SAFC2 later on...

from what ive heard, its hard to install it but not impossible
The installation looks straight forward, along with the help from this forum.
What you will need to do is get hold of a Dyno to effectively tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you guys know you lose power with intake and exhaust W/O SAFC2 right? :-?
if you have both of those mods the controller is a must...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.