Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have a 2003 IS300 and I want to get the Injen intake. However, on Injen's website it says the intake is for the 00-02 models so I called Injen and they said they are only sure it fits for up to 02, if I tried it, I would be taking a chance. Does anyone know if the Injen short ram intake fits on an 03??? If it doesn't, the other one I am looking at is the AEM. Does anyone have an opinion on which intake is better, the AEM or Injen??? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
670 Posts
IT WILL FIT WITHOUT A PROBLEM!!!

I have sold mine to my buddy who bought 03, and works fine....

·
Registered
31 Posts
intakes are good and all, but i dont know if you are going to gain anything out of them. I have an AEM one and well i took it off. With the intake i timed 0-100 with a friend of mine in the car at around 10 seconds (little bit more). With the stock intake i timed myself at 7.7 ... i have a Hi-Power axleback .. and thats it (E-shift).. soo there you go... with the AEM intake the first 4000 rpm its pretty ridiculous.. but afterwards its better than stock.. but 0-100 ... its more than 2 seconds difference, therefore.. i dono man.. unless you are getting safc or something (i havent seen it with safc performe yet but im getting the hks afc and hoping that its not going to be bogging up before it hits 4k rpm)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other thing I forgot to ask is whether it makes a difference what transmission you have, automatic or manual, because i have a manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts