Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all. i just bought a used 3rd gen injen short ram intake w/ the heat deflector. unfortunately, no directions came with it, previous owner could not find them. i was wondering if anyone had the directions that they could type up or scan and post it here so i can install my intake? i know this is weird but if u can summarize what to do with all the screws, etc, then thanks.

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Remove the battery negative terminal.

When I got mine the heatshield didn't fit perfectly. The only thing you'll really have a difficult time with is the heatshield, wherein you're going to have to remove one bolt from the ABS bracket and put it back on to get the heat shield to line up, mine didn't even line up so I'm actually missing a bolt, still I have no problems, though.

Another thing you're going to have to watch out for are the cables around that area, just pull them from the clips that hold them on and reroute them to go around the heatshield, as they do get in the way when installing. Everything else is pretty much put it where it fits.

Don't forget the big hose that goes nearest to the throttle body in the back, it's easy to overlook, but you'll know you missed it if your car doesn't idle right.

Pretty much a very simple install, took me about 30 mins even with weird fitment.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone who has te isntructions scan them or something and post? i called up Injen and they said theyre not open to the public and that i would have to find someone who had it....

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The instructions aren't really necessary. What else do you need help on bro? If you have specific questions, I can answer them.

Jaime

·
Registered
633 Posts
where are u in so-cal? if u are in the san diego area, im free on saturday. i can come out and help u with it if u want? and i can bring the instructions as well.

Reactions: onyxaltezza

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im worried about the MAF thing...im worried i might accidentally touch it in a certain area and it might get dirty, or etc cuz i heard its really sensitive..

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
no im worried about the MAF thing...im worried i might accidentally touch it in a certain area and it might get dirty, or etc cuz i heard its really sensitive..

Just make sure you take it out carefully and then place it somewhere safe and where it won't move. Make sure you hold it from the outside. If you're worried about it that much, then spray it down with electronics cleaner when you're ready to put it back in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
you seriously need the directions? i just installed mine in about 20minutes without looking at the instructions. but maybe thats because im gods gifts to women and cars...lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
who needs directions to install an intake???

·
Registered
53 Posts
where do I plug in the two lectrical cords that come off the stock intake, or do I just leave them alone? and is there anything to cover up the hole halfway up the pipe??? thats what I couldnt figure out???

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
SLayerS said:
Why did you bump this thread? It's last year's thread...

Because I did a lot of searches and couldnt find any help on the install, this was a similar topic, and someone offered help to send a copy of the directions, so I inquired for the same help. Thanks!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lexodus said:
is there anything to cover up the hole halfway up the pipe???
Which hole are you talking about? The giant hole where you install the MAF sensor?

Electrical Cords? You should be talking about vacuum tubes unless you installed something that you weren't suppose to.

P.S. I read your request last night and I took the liberty of Emailing you the installation instructions (I don't have a scanner, so I typed all 12 steps), but something happened and my email timed out...so I gave up. If you really want them, I can email them to you again around 9pm (sorry...I'm a work).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went outside to take a pic of the hole I was talking about and I saw the MAF on the stock intake and my slow ass brain put two and two together. Whe I took it apart yesterday I unplugged the MAF cord and didnt see the similaritiy between the MAF and the hole on the injen.

Thanks for all your help I was able to install in 10-15 min once I figured it out.

I took it for a 10mi run and it runs well, sounds great, and no CEL.

Cant wait for the exhaust!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts