Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was just doing a search for the last 10 minutes or so to get some questions answered, but I got yelled at by my boss for being on the computer "monkeying around" too long (whatev).

So I apologize for asking a question that I know would be answered if I could spend more time searching (or "monkeying around") but I need to figure this out as I have to respond to the seller of this thing today after lunch...

-Is the first generation injen intake a good idea to buy used for $100 (only 5k on it)? Or should I stay away from this generation completely?

-Will it make my Check Engine Light come on without an S-AFC (whatever that is... this I did find in the search)

-If so, what compnent would I need to not make the light come on? How much is this?

Once again, I apologize, but I'm in a jam with time and I could use the assistance. Thank you for your understanding.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I dont know if it is good. But the CEL light is a shoot and miss thing. It might it might not. You will just have to take a chance :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
CEL with Ingen is a hit or miss thing. If you use an Apexi S-AFC you will not get a CEL and you will be able to get the most power out of the intake after you tune the S-AFC. The Apexi S-AFC goes for about $300 and the digital display verison goes for about $425.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I have a gen I injen intake that was on my car before I swapped it out. No CEL unless the filter gets dirty. When it does, and the light comes on, you can clean the filter and reset the cars ECU....no more CEL.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
I did pull the trigger on it yesterday so I hope I have the same success as you guys. Thanks again.

·
Registered
611 Posts
***WARNING!!!***

Possible stalling problem with the 1st Gen.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
201 Posts
kinda silly question, but I've done many searches without any luck on the topic....

I just want to know what the difference is between the gen 1, 2 and 3 injen intakes are for our is300's... Physically...

How can you tell the 3 apart?

Please help if you can. much appreciated!

-Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
TrustGs-R
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing