Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I need to know some rather tricky information about the factory head unit (cd player/tape deck) in the IS3.

I'm taking a stab at the possiblity that one or two of you might know the answer to these anal questions

1) How does the factory head unit interface with the integrated amplification unit? Is there a separate data bus line and signal line? What the protocols? Are they hackable?

2) In the GS3/4 the data cable to the integrated amp is digital... is this the case with the IS3? Is it merely a digital toslink or coax cable that I could integrate into a digital input processor such as an alpine PRA/PXA/F1#Status?

3) Are the outputs of the head unit digital at all or are the DACs inboard (I have to ask this because I'm currently assuming the IS3 radio uses the same system as the GS3/4)?

thanks to all who can help,
-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
8,880 Posts
Here's all you need to know:
radio1.jpg radio2.jpg

[This message has been edited by vlad_a (edited February 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those pics! Unfortunately, the first link doesn't want to load but the second works fine...

Now, is the "stereo component amplifier" the head unit or an outboard device? If the latter, I'm more interested in how IT interfaces with the head unit than with the speakers (since that part will be replaced entirely). The answer is probably on the first page you gave me...

thanks again,
-Alt

------------------

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Try to load his first pic again. It is what you want to see. The amp is a seperate unit behind the glove box.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it... it loaded this time...

thanks!
-Ashraf

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Altersys
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing