Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just browse the Tokyo Auto Show Japanese site and I noticed that Toyota is going to debut the new Toyota Crown (for those who come from Asia countries, you should know what car is that..)

Currently, Toyota Crown and the more-classic Toyota Progres shares the PowerTrain platform with our IS, 2JZ-GE engine while Toyota Crown uses 2JZ-FSE D-4 Direct Injection 4 Stroke Gasoline Engine

According to the site, the first word is "Farewell Inline / Straight 6"

Furthermore, the website indicates that the new Crown is going to use a new developed 3 liter V6 with D-4 engine. Producing at least 250ps and 309Nm / 31.5 kgm of torque

Since our IS is head to head compete with BMW 3-series and MB C-class, I peronsally suspect the above engine will be the future spec on the next IS / Altezza...

I know it is a speculation, but do you agree?
Click here if you can read Japanese...
http://motorshow2003.yahoo.co.jp/closeup/0008ms2003_dom.html

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's incorrect! Toyota Avalon is a FWD, which shares the platform with Carmy.

However, Toyota Crown and some others are based on RWD platform.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
al7ezza said:
That's incorrect! Toyota Avalon is a FWD, which shares the platform with Carmy.

However, Toyota Crown and some others are based on RWD platform.
yeah, but my point is, who cares about those?!

we need to see what they do with the A L T E Z Z A !

:chill:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, I am just making a speculation on what could be the next Altezza engine. And ask you folks see if you agree my guess.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
al7ezza said:
I know, I am just making a speculation on what could be the next Altezza engine. And ask you folks see if you agree my guess.
but it doesnt matter anyway...because we would never get the same engine as what the Altezza has in japan....

we need to wait and see when they announce Lexus changes...

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
thisISwhatIwantToDrive said:
I'd like to have a Crown over a LS430...

Even better, I'd take a Mark II or a Chaser...
yeah, like these? right? 8)

talk about a sleeper... :p

or even this:

^^^^ that should be available this spring in the US! :eek: <I WISH!>

you like this chaser? now thats a damn sleeper if I've ever seen one...would luv to see these here in the US!

I hope you guys enjoy these truly JDM cars....only wish we could get some of those here!!

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :x

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
I think a V6 w/ 235 to 250 hp is a safe bet for the next IS. I'm really interested in the car's weight though. If it's lighter than the current model, it could be pretty fast. The engine will be a lot lighter at least.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
that one looks like the new GS...and y does it have a g35 front bumper??? :roll:

·
Registered
30,490 Posts
you guys keep rehashing the same "rumors"....

taken from the news section of this site:

Automobile magazine (June 2003) had what looks like some interesting (and reasonably accurate, I'm guessing) news about the upcoming Toyotas and Lexus models. New engines and facelifts abound. Read on!

The current I6 in the GS300 is to be replaced with V6's ranging from 3.0 (?) to 3.5 liters. The new GS is to introduce new "global" styling (think Mercedes C-Class, E-Class and S-Class similarities) as well as the sale of the Lexus brand in Japan. The bit about the new Supra, due for sale in 2004, also mentions 3.0 (?) and 3.5 liter V6's matched to a six speed tranny. Expected to sell for around $30k. Now, the juicy bit is that the new Supra is to built on the upcoming second gen IS platform... (which if you read between the lines, sounds like a great place to build an IS coupe as well). Now, Automobile says the IS is to get a similarly sized V6 (ie, 3.0L) as well as a larger (3.4 to 3.5) engine. And the last REALLY juicy part is that they say Toyota has been considering a introducing V8 version BEFORE the new body style...likely to stimulate interest and sales for the outgoing platform.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.