Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i'm the only one who has done it dude

MODIFIED TOYS said:
Does anyone has info about the this swap?
-WEBSITE?
-WIRINGS
-Any info is much appreciated.
Or you can email email me at [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ray hall ----> auto trans

anyways, i meant on the forum, or really in the US, i don't know what has happened over in the other countries

niceis300 said:
I though this guy was first

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics...

We'll be next (I Hope).

As for the WIRING we'll probably just go with a Fuel Management to make the wiring a little easier for us.

We're the first one in the US to swap a 3SG BEAMS into the AE86.

NiceIS300- Where can I get the info regarding this swap?

I saw couple of the 2JZ GTE into the Altezza when I was in Japan and it was a sweet set up. Isn't it easier just to get a TURBO on the IS300 since it already has a 2J in there and probably cheaper?

Thanks
MTSS

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
its MUCH MUCH easier to just turbo the stock motor and much cheaper

-gte

MODIFIED TOYS said:
Thanks for the pics...

We'll be next (I Hope).

As for the WIRING we'll probably just go with a Fuel Management to make the wiring a little easier for us.

We're the first one in the US to swap a 3SG BEAMS into the AE86.

NiceIS300- Where can I get the info regarding this swap?

I saw couple of the 2JZ GTE into the Altezza when I was in Japan and it was a sweet set up. Isn't it easier just to get a TURBO on the IS300 since it already has a 2J in there and probably cheaper?

Thanks
MTSS

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
I think doing a just a block swap is the way to go for high boosting at relatively lower costs...

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
not a bad option at all, but still not nearly as easy as a headgasket

CarbonIS300 said:
I think doing a just a block swap is the way to go for high boosting at relatively lower costs...

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
yeah but you won't have to drill holes in the block or oil pan either. :D :lol:

IS300GTE said:

CarbonIS300 said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
yeah you will, but there is no need to drill into the block with either.

CarbonIS300 said:
yeah but you won't have to drill holes in the block or oil pan either. :D :lol:

IS300GTE said:

CarbonIS300 said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
249 Posts
Trust me I think everyone has though about doing the swap. I though about it and the turbo kit more was reasonable, I am working on my Hp #’s right now I just got a new kit. In the end I hope I will be up there with all of the other is300 at the top or even close to it. Only a few people have had the HUGE brass balls to do it and I have a lot of respect for those people “IS300GTE”. But as of right now that kind of info you are asking for “MODIFIED TOYS” is kind of there secret for now. So it is totally up to them and that info problem cost them many many $$ for them to figure it out, so keep that in mind when asking!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info.

We'll figure it out, Theres already a 2JZ in there and shouldn't be that hard to install the 2JZGTE. Im only concerned regarding the wirings.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Well i had heard from someone (IS300GTE) that there is a way to tap the block instead of the pan for feed and return lines. --so i assumed there would be drilling i guess i never really thought about it being a plug or bolt in the block. at any rate you know best. ;)

IS300GTE said:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I have seen the time it takes to do the swap with "IS300GTE" it is not as easy as you may think but also not impossible to do... good luck with it and I am sure you will figure it out.. be patient and things will werk out in the end.. or just get a Turbo kit for the GE motor..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
well here is the thing, you have to tap the girdle on the GE motor, if you buy the GTE short block (new) it doesn't come with a girdle, so you use the IS one, if that hasn't already been tapped, it needs to be, hence the either way scenario, no need to mess with the pan. make sense?

-gte

CarbonIS300 said:
Well i had heard from someone (IS300GTE) that there is a way to tap the block instead of the pan for feed and return lines. --so i assumed there would be drilling i guess i never really thought about it being a plug or bolt in the block. at any rate you know best. ;)

IS300GTE said:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts

do you know how many people thought that same thing, and then came up short and now have a car all torn apart with 2 motors and neither of them propelling the car? good luck al, you might want to do a bit more research before your optimism puts you in the same place. nothing is the same and nothing fits, even a hack job would take at least 3 months

-gte

MODIFIED TOYS said:
Theres already a 2JZ in there and shouldn't be that hard to install the 2JZGTE.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
IS300GTE said:

do you know how many people thought that same thing, and then came up short and now have a car all torn apart with 2 motors and neither of them propelling the car? good luck al, you might want to do a bit more research before your optimism puts you in the same place. nothing is the same and nothing fits, even a hack job would take at least 3 months

-gte

MODIFIED TOYS said:
Theres already a 2JZ in there and shouldn't be that hard to install the 2JZGTE.
Yeah, no shit, just rubo charge your motor :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the luck "GTE".

When I posted up regarding a 3SG BEAMS into one of our corolla, Everyone was dogging us that it can't be done cause the motor will be too huge and blah blah blah... Guess what. WE DID IT.

Ill post pics later on tonite when I get home.

The name of this game is Money and Time. <that's all we need>

Im doing lots of research regarding this swap right now, Theres couple of AUS guys that is trying to help us out.

Keep us posted regarding your car.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
9 Participants
MODIFIED TOYS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing