Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to my dealership and they said that there is no IS 430, its called the IS500 in the US and it is coming out. He said that they had a meeting and it was brought up, he said there will be a V8 but he knew nothin else. Just passing on some info

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Well then that would mean its going to be a 5.0 liter V8, damn is that were true that would kick ass, however I wouldn’t hold to much of that as truth, because to my knowledge Toyota only has a 4.0, 4.3 and 4.7 liter V8, which makes my BS meter start to move....

blackIS02 said:
i was talking to my dealership and they said that there is no IS 430, its called the IS500 in the US and it is coming out. He said that they had a meeting and it was brought up, he said there will be a V8 but he knew nothin else. Just passing on some info

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't forget the 5.0L V12 they have in the JDM Century luxo-sedan.
Could happen (unlikely though, since the rumoured/much anticipated 4500GT is using a 4.5L V8 based on the 1UZ to compete with the likes of the Modena)

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
blackIS02 said:
shut up...you're way off. My dealership told me it'll be the IS2000 with rocket engines :roll:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Talk about beating a dead horse...

The IS430 has been in "the works" for quite some time now. Shit, some geek even got to drive one (yeah right, and I'm bangin' J-Lo) last week. All the rumors, believe in the IS430, IS500, ISM3KILR, IS300TT, IS830, or what ever they decide to call it, when you see it.

First of all, you shouldn't trust a car salesman. When was the last time you trusted a guy in suit from Sears? I think the guys that work over at the dealer here couldn't tell me the difference between a hubcap and an oil cap.

I'll believe the IS430 is real, when I get my invite in the mail to come and see it.

For now, I hope the TTE boys (Toyota Team Europe) can make something happen with the knuckheads over here. We need something to happen, those M3s and C32s are just cruising on by right now...

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
whats with all this damn fagget ass IS430 shit? people posts more posts than a poster could post posts about a god damn IS430 :roll: this shits gettin :boring: :bitching:

·
Registered
126 Posts
is 430

in the january issue of sport compact car magazine there is a article and a picture of the is 430.it's suppose to be a 2004 model if it makes it to production,and it should have the 4.3-liter dohc, 32 valve v8. the article says the v8 is rated at 300 hp but with vvtl-i variablevalve-timing system and maybe a compresssion ratio bump the output should be at least 350 hp which is more than enough to overwhelm the 333-hp m3 or any other compact car in it's class.also the price is estimated to be around 55 thousand dollars...

·
Registered
680 Posts
how about the LOL680

never believe anything you hear from the dealer.

When it shows up on the lot, only then will I believe it.

·
8,803 Posts
Ah, thanks blackIS02, we were all wondering what the scoop was on it. I mean, with all the millions of posts about it on this board... Thank god a newbie with a whole 7 posts can step up to the plate and shed some light on this subject for us. :eek:

Um.... The IS430 is a MYTH! Much like the TRD supercharger, or Soy beeing cool...
:lol:

Go away. :x

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
:shame: Don't you guys read magazines :shame:
In import tuner and sport compact car they have pics of lexus test driving one and they both say if it makes it to production (like they say it prolly will if their already test driving it )then it should be out in 2004 0r 5!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
39 Participants
buddha 300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing