Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have an amp from my old car that was never installed, it is a Pioneer GM-6300F. It is 120Wx4 or 300Wx2 bridgeable 4 channel, 150Wx2 RMS or 60Wx4 RMS, 600W max power. I do not know much about this subject so I went to best buy and told the guy the car/amp that I had and what he would recommend. He said for the sound I was looking for, (I listen to mainly hard rock) that either 1 10in or 12in Infinity sub would be perfect with this amp. I just wanted a second opinion before I go through with this. I am keeping the stock head unit and just wanted to add a louder, clearer sound to my 2001 IS300. Any advice would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
He is correct. The inifinty they sell at Best buy is the reference series. It is a DVC and wired down to 2 ohms. The 10" sub will provide faster response vs 12" subs, thats why a lot of people who listen to fast beat music prefer 10" subs.

I was impressed with 12" response to fast music I do have to add. Im an installer (Best Buy) and had to make a setup up that I could put in and out of customers cars. I opted to use the infinty cause is does not cost much and its a DVC.

Which box did he show you to use?

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
Hello all,

I have an amp from my old car that was never installed, it is a Pioneer GM-6300F. It is 120Wx4 or 300Wx2 bridgeable 4 channel, 150Wx2 RMS or 60Wx4 RMS, 600W max power. I do not know much about this subject so I went to best buy and told the guy the car/amp that I had and what he would recommend. He said for the sound I was looking for, (I listen to mainly hard rock) that either 1 10in or 12in Infinity sub would be perfect with this amp. I just wanted a second opinion before I go through with this. I am keeping the stock head unit and just wanted to add a louder, clearer sound to my 2001 IS300. Any advice would help.

Thanks
How much are you looking to spend? You can get much better than the infinity for the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do second Italyn Stylion. There are other subs out there than Best Buy. The only thing I would consider from there is Alpine type e, then infinity, then... thats it really. Imma a JL audio person.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. He told me it all depends on the sounds I want for the box. He showed me an inclosed box for around 100 and the sub I believe was around 100. I am looking to spend about what he quoted at, 100-150 for the sub and 100 or so for the box. I am just looking to get a loader, cleaner sound.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A 10" infinity sub in a ported box is all you need it will sound awsome. But look more towards the Kappa series they are a better quality

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks

You could run a whole system with that amp.... it would BANG too..

However, I'd look toward Elemental Designs for some budget oriented gear...

You could get a set of really nice components, a good subwoofer and a box built specially for that woofer for about $600 total there... here's the package I thought of for you:

- DLS RS6 Front Components
- Elemental Designs 11Ov.2 subwoofer (this will blow any infinity woofer away)
- 120 sq. ft. of eDead deadening
- Custom built to order box for the 11Ov.2

$650

That is a KILLER deal. Properly installed, it would sound amazing. You could even use your stock deck... just get an LOC.

Run the components with two channels, then bridge the two others for the subwoofer.

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
^Abe's right, Elemental Designs has some killer stuff for budget prices. I myself have a 13ov.2 on 350RMS in a HT setup and the shit dims the lights in my apartment. I'm finishing up a HT sub build for my dad that I'm using one of their 12's they were clearing out a few weeks back. For $25 shipped this shit will wang like crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts