Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a car audio shop in Los Angeles that deals in infinity speakers and has them on a demo board so I can listen to them? I'm looking for a dealer preferably between westwood and torrance. I live near LAX. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
prodigal said:
Anyone know of a car audio shop in Los Angeles that deals in infinity speakers and has them on a demo board so I can listen to them? I'm looking for a dealer preferably between westwood and torrance. I live near LAX. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kappa or just reference? I know Circuit City sells references.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had the perfects in my integra and they sounded decent. They were big and bulky and for the price they were ok. Now I have the MB Q series and those fuckers yell!!!

I know Circuit City has the reference but not the perfects..

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
VP500 said:
kappa or just reference? I know Circuit City sells references.
Yup, unfortunately we cannot order Kappas or Kappa Perfects as of right now. I have the Perfects in my truck and they sound real nice. However, I have the JL XR components in my IS, and IMO they sound SO much better. The prices are comparable, so you may wanna check out the JL's at a local Tweeter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first aftermarket stereo!

I checked all around LA. Nuttin. Bupkis. I knew Circuit City has the reference series but I was really hoping for the perfects. I ended up getting the JBL gti series for the 6 1/2 and the power series for the rear. I'm gonna use a JBL 560.6 amp. I know nutin about car stereo but my friends tell me this should be sufficient.

I'm gonna skip the sub for now. It would cost me much more than expected for a even a 10" because of that bump in our trunk. Ironic that a bump in the trunk is keeping me from having bump in my trunk.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I got the kappas because I got them so cheap...

the 6.5 perfect components and the 2way 6x9s kappa...were both around 200 bucks.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
prodigal said:
I'm gonna skip the sub for now. It would cost me much more than expected for a even a 10" because of that bump in our trunk. Ironic that a bump in the trunk is keeping me from having bump in my trunk.
Just put the box in front of it for now until u can get the loot together for the custom box. Or you can put it on top of the bump and attach the top of it to the back wall of the trunk to hold it in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts