Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i saw the Infinity G35 coupe yesterday and damn it was impressive.The interior blew me away for features and price u cant go wrong.About 2 wks ago i put a down payment on a 330ci Xenon, SP, PP, the works.The car is taking 2 months be here in mid Feb..But after seeing this car shit i am upside down now about my decision.280hp vs 225 bimmer.. i knw hp is not everything but shit :eek:
Unfortunatly i did not get to test drive the car.There was 4 people ahead of me yes 4 people ahead of me for the test drive..Only 1 damn car..
If u had the choice would it be the Bimmer or the Infinity G35???

The infinity was 37k MSRP fully loaded SP PP AP.

Any opinions will be greatly appriciated.....

BTW i am keepin the IS the offered me shit for it WTF no resale on this car they offered 23k for my 2001 fullyloaded with 17k.... :shame:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd recommend the Infiniti G35 coupe and sedan over the BMW 3-series, even though Infinitis are notorious for their rapid depreciation rates. Other than a few first-year problems, like a flaky navigation system, and a few squeaks and rattles, the G35 coupe is a stellar performer. 8)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Both of those cars suck. For that kind of money I'd get a Camaro SS or a WS6 T/A or a Supra and smoke those cars asses in any type of race.

Why spend that much money for a slow-ass coupe when for the same $$$ you could have a hella fast sports car or muscle car? :lol:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
quick said:
Both of those cars suck. For that kind of money I'd get a Camaro SS or a WS6 T/A or a Supra and smoke those cars asses in any type of race.

Why spend that much money for a slow-ass coupe when for the same $$$ you could have a hella fast sports car or muscle car? :lol:
because racing is all that matters in life

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
quick said:

Supra, I'd agree with you on. But a focking Camaro? GAG!!! :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
mrclam said:
Look, smartass -- the Supra is more reliable than either the 330ci or the G35C.

It's also faster, more modifyable, more exclusive, etc etc.

...and it's a 2-door just like the others. Even if you just used it for a daily driver it would be a better deal.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
quick said:
mrclam said:
Look, smartass -- the Supra is more reliable than either the 330ci or the G35C.

It's also faster, more modifyable, more exclusive, etc etc.

...and it's a 2-door just like the others. Even if you just used it for a daily driver it would be a better deal.
interesting to see that you are judging the reliability of the g35c without having even given it a chance.

i agree with you on those three points, but some people do use a back seat and have other desires in a car other than to simply be seen by everyone and to be fast.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
mrclam said:
interesting to see that you are judging the reliability of the g35c without having even given it a chance.

i agree with you on those three points, but some people do use a back seat and have other desires in a car other than to simply be seen by everyone and to be fast.
I'm basing G35C on the typical Nissan reliability -- good, but not up to Toyota standards.

I agree with you re: the back seat. That's why you get the G35 manual or the 330i or the IS ... not the G35C or the 330ci.

JMNSHO.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
quick said:
mrclam said:

I'm basing G35C on the typical Nissan reliability -- good, but not up to Toyota standards.

I agree with you re: the back seat. That's why you get the G35 manual or the 330i or the IS ... not the G35C or the 330ci.

JMNSHO.
some people like the appearance of the coupe with a backseat that is a nice compromise. i originally wanted a 4 door m3 but ended up with a coupe, i honestly have no complaints :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
mrclam said:
some people like the appearance of the coupe with a backseat that is a nice compromise. i originally wanted a 4 door m3 but ended up with a coupe, i honestly have no complaints :)
Yep.

Oh -- and the Supra does have a backseat, btw.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
quick said:
mrclam said:
Yep.

Oh -- and the Supra does have a backseat, btw.
....a usable one? :wink:

i drive around with 4 people in my car all the time, i guess my opinion doesn't really count because i am asian and so are my friends, so as the world knows asians are indeed smaller ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
mrclam said:
....a usable one? :wink:

i drive around with 4 people in my car all the time, i guess my opinion doesn't really count because i am asian and so are my friends, so as the world knows asians are indeed smaller ;)
Far from it.

I fit 4 people in the car one time. Never again.

Of course I'm 6'6" and so anyone who wants to sit behind me has 0 leg room. Literally.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope BMW wont give me a hard time to get my Deposit back if i choose to go that way :-?
Right not it looks like that may happen
Thanks for ur opinion guys :chill:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Kamis300 said:
I hope BMW wont give me a hard time to get my Deposit back if i choose to go that way :-?
Right not it looks like that may happen
Thanks for ur opinion guys :chill:
If you put your deposit on your credit card you should be able to rescind the transaction at any time.

Were you actually charged? Whey I put my 'deposit' down at Lexus of Portland they didn't even charge my card.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put $1000 down payment on the car,by check....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Kamis300 said:
I put $1000 down payment on the car,by check....
Hrm. Have they cashed your check?

If so, I'd be concerned like you are...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chances are yes it was 2 wks ago so now the battle begins... :roll:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
13 Participants
Kamis300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing