Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 01 is 300 and I am looking into getting the new Infinity G35 coupe. Anyone know much about this car other than it looks sweet?...

The other car option is the Nissan 350Z. What do you guys think? Which one would be the car of choice if you were to pick either of these?

Input would be greatly appreciated..

vmj007

·
Registered
405 Posts
MOST DEF 350z!...I went in to check it out. And check this...It came with standard front & rear sturt bars! Inside---Offers a tight ass gauge that acts as timer for your quarter mile times/0-60mph times...trip destination timer, ect ect/ Set your own RPMs/ Check tire pressure. This was all in the one gauge! :p Then another with an oil and another with a water gauge.
:boring: ----F*ck the G35 :shame:

maybe do lil 350z action come spring :p

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
g35 coupe looks better id get that. Id dont like the Z enough to pay for.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The G35 Copue has a little more room and still has the same engine and horsepower. I think it looks nicer than the 350Z too. I would get the G35 Coupe.

I knew about the G35C back when I bought my IS300 (last spring). Kinda wished I had waited for it. Simple bolt on mods won't get the IS up to the power that thing has. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
nissan z !!!!

i personally think the z is soo much nicer then the g35 the touches and finishes on the ar are uncomparable.. i recently jsut sat in the both of them too.. i dont know if u are aware but teh g35 has back seats and the z doesnt.. so i dont knwo whether or not that will help u make ur decision- id go with the z!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Go for the G35 Coupe.

It looks sporty and sexy. It has only 15hp less than the 350Z...which you can make up for easily. Plus, you have room for you and three drooling friends in the G35...while you can only brag to one friend in the Z.

The coupe gives you the best of both worlds. But if pure sportiness is all you're looking for, the Z is the way to go.

It all comes down to what you want. Sport Luxury or Sport.

Another consideration is that you'll probably out grow the Z before you'd get sick of the Coupe...just my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
chose G coupe over IS and Z

Before any flames- hear this- I still own a 97 TT supra with 70 K original miles that I will drive until I die. I know that engine in the IS is sweet because you have bascially the same engine as in the TT.

Further I test drove the IS extensively and found it superior to the 330 in so many visceral ways BUUUUUUT- then I test drove the pre production G- and I ordered it that day and forgot about the IS. The G feels more powerful at lower RPM and has a visceral feel to the steering that BMW only wishes it could have. The tossability of this car is unbelievable. I have 1200 K on my new G 6MT that I picked up last week. The IS interior is much nicer than the G however and the IS engine is smoother and more "refined".

I would have bought the Z but I needed a functional back seat. I think the Z more muscular and "sporty".

Again- the IS has taken alot of shit from alot of people. For me the IS is a stunning car in everyway. IMO- better looking than the G. But for whatever reason the G won me over. Hard to explain these things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
james
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing