6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even trade, sure. :lol:

Probably understeers like a biznatch.

Between the two I would get the FX though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is still on my favorites list to replace the SportX someday, the new Audi A4/S4 Avant:

But this Mini would be more affordable, the upcoming John Cooper Works version of the new Clubman:

Even the picture is mini-sized!

Stan

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stan, I told my mechanic that my next car will be a manual wagon, and the S4 Avant was high on my list.

He laughed and said, at least I will be seeing you more.

Are they really that bad? Used 2005s are pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
387 Posts
looks like a murano to me..... not really a wagon but a cross over to me. avant is my choice for a replacement when the wheels fall off the sportx

·
Registered
326 Posts
i've never been a fan of infiniti's 4x4 styling. the best thing i can say about the EX is that it doesn't look like the FX ;)

i'm waiting (in vain) for one of these :cool:

ricky

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seeing as how my 04 Sportcross has 120k miles and the only "Lexus" replacement will be a used one,
I'm always on the lookout for a replacement.
This Cadillac wagon is intriguing, though I'm not sure I could bring myself to buy one. Looks nice
Supposed to available with a MT as well.

Any thoughts?
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
i left the FX35 at Infinity dealer for some airbag issues, and was given an EX35 with only 200 miles on it as a loaner for a few days.

I am pleasantly surprised - I am kind of torn on its 'micro-suv' appearance, but functionality and driveability are top notch. We had it in black with tan leather interior, with a fairly loaded trim level. Push button start, key-FOB charger, DVD player (no navi) and a sweet sound system. Coming out of an IS300 and an FX35, I'd say this EX is pretty sweet, and that 300hp is probably open to some aftermarket work!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Damn I would buy a TSX wagon for sure. Are they really thinking of making one?

If I had to do it now. A MS3 or a WRX 5 door. Neither are than luxurious, but at least they are reliable. I would lover a 335i wagon if they made one or a S4 Avant, but I don't want any reliability problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dang!
That TSX wagon looks FINE!

It would suck if they put that new Acura grill on it, though.
It's the grill that looks like they peeled it off a suit of armor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Damn I would buy a TSX wagon for sure. Are they really thinking of making one?

They exist in Japan and I'm pretty sure in Europe too, but not likely in the US, unfortunately. Americans just don't buy wagons!

Stan

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I would buy the TSX/Accord wagon!! That looks great!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ex-35

I had an 02 SportCross that I sold and bought and 05 C6 Corvette. I drove the Vette for 3 years and off it in Mar 08 for and EX-35. I have found the EX-35 to be a very comfortable and reasonably fast and good handling car. Coming from a C6 the EX-35 feels sort of slow but noticeably faster than my SportCross. I would say the EX-35 has more usable space than the SportCross and has a lot more low end grunt along with having a more comfortable interior. No surprise since it is an 8 year newer designed car.

I drove the BMW 328i wagon and wasn't impressed. It cost more than the EX-35 and was noticeably slower. Too bad BMW doesn't offer a 335 wagon but it would be even more bucks.

The new A4 Avant looks interesting if you can trust Audi's long term quality.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, jmess, we haven't heard from you in years, welcome back!

I assume you sold he Corvette because you needed more room? I still have the Sportcross but my daughter drives it now. I'm embarrassed to say what I'm currently driving, so I won't.

Anyway, good to hear from you again.

Stan

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow, jmess, we haven't heard from you in years, welcome back!

I assume you sold he Corvette because you needed more room? I still have the Sportcross but my daughter drives it now. I'm embarrassed to say what I'm currently driving, so I won't.

Anyway, good to hear from you again.

Stan
Stan,

Not a space problem I had an 04 Honda van I drove to work and around. I sold the C6 because it got to be too much mental work to drive. The car is way fast and hard to keep at rational speeds. In general given all the traffic these days I seldom could use the power the car had for more than a few seconds; it would jump from 40 to 100+ really fast. I loved the way the car looked and drove but I didn't enjoy all the attention it attracted while moving or parked. Just about every day I drove it somebody would cut me off, weave in and out of traffic, tailgate me, do something stupid. It really seemed to amplify peoples' inferiority complexes in all types of cars; some real reckless endangerment stuff happened at times.

So now I drive the EX-35 and nobody pays much attention to it which I enjoy a lot. I am not a big fan of the EX-35 shape (don't like the SUV queues) but it blends in well with the real SUVs. So I seldom have to deal with the reckless endangerment crowd.

I would recommend you pass on the dream cars and get a good car like the Cross. The depreciation with a dream cars can be pretty rough. I was lucky to off mine before the market totally tanked.

If Lexus would have had an IS350 wagon I would have probably bought one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts