Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

Can anyone recommend an independent garage in the west part of Toronto or even central Toronto. I took my car to a guy in Markham last time and although he did a great job it's too far for me. Thanks in advance.

·
27,116 Posts
You looking for one with Lexus associations? Or just a mechanic in general that is trustworthy and can work on these cars?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a very basic 2007 IS250 and want a trustworthy mechanic for regular maintenance.

1,800 Posts
I have a very basic 2007 IS250 and want a trustworthy mechanic for regular maintenance.
im sure there is good shops out there but... its really worth the distance driving to markham to bullock cit.. if youur doing more then just an oil change...
im in mississauga.. and i wouldnt hesitate to drive to markham for top notch service. ( so i have received and others can vouch.. however i do hope you find what your looking for.)

·
Addict
3,428 Posts
1) its worth the drive to Bullock City
2) you should have fun driving in your IS250 going there!
3) putting mileage on your car is all apart of the ownership experience!
4) the IS250 is so efficient with fuel!
5) you own a Lexus and fuel costs shouldn't be an issue!

1,800 Posts
1) its worth the drive to Bullock City
2) you should have fun driving in your IS250 going there!
3) putting mileage on your car is all apart of the ownership experience!
4) the IS250 is so efficient with fuel!
5) you own a Lexus and fuel costs shouldn't be an issue!
that Cheesey line sounds alot like.. mr cuddleparties...LOL

·
Addict
3,428 Posts
LOL!

yes. it does.

does this sound better?

2) driving your IS250 should bring you pleasure

you have to forgive me, I'm a pops now.

·
The Furious
7,271 Posts
lol

I think this is the 50th thread I've seen with the same question posted.

Search FTW?!

1,800 Posts
LOL!

yes. it does.

does this sound better?

2) driving your IS250 should bring you pleasure

you have to forgive me, I'm a pops now.
Much better + rep.LOL

some may call that ass kissing.. i call it accepting criticism in a professional manner.. hows mrlittlelexusexecutive? tainting his nightly bottle with some octane booster from gerber?..lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmm well one place I can recommend from an alignment stand point is AL Tech. The guys there seem pretty honest and respectable. They deal with alot of high-end cars. Last time I was there they were servicing an Aston Martin.

Unfortunately I can't give a real review of how they are as mechanics but they might be worth a try. They're out in Etobicoke.

·
27,116 Posts
So I'm concluding that no one can help with a referral to a western gta mechanic.
Is that the conclusion you reached after sifting thru the "humour"???

The thing is... there aren't that many garages that are known for Lexus work overall... and then the few that are seem to be concentrated in the Markham area.

The only shop with Lexus connections I remember that is NOT in the Markham area is... not close either. I think it's in or near Oakville. :(

Maybe somebody should look into creating a garage to service vehicles in West Toronto/Mississauaga!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
So I'm concluding that no one can help with a referral to a western gta mechanic.
I have bit my tongue long enough.

No one recommends shops because, they do not want to be blamed for the referral if it goes bad. There is even unsatisfied customers from Bulloch.

You can check out Nihon Automotive Mississauga for Automotive / Car Service and Repairs in Mississauga with fully licensed technicians - he is a Club Lexus member - These are the older more senior type of members.

They have a pretty good reputation, as far as I know. I have never used them, but met him at a meet one night and he seemed like a good fellow.

I'm afraid you will have to be the brave one, try him out, and start a recommendation here to everyone else. Someone has to stop following the crowd.

They have CAA accreditation, which is not that easy to get.

There's your answer.

I have my own mechanic in Mississauga. This is a relationship I forged on my own, through trial and error.

You may have to do the same.

Digger08

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have bit my tongue long enough.

No one recommends shops because, they do not want to be blamed for the referral if it goes bad. There is even unsatisfied customers from Bulloch.
that's too bad. i find the forum full of useful information ... you guys have always helped me out whenever i have a question. but this world is all about 'buyer beware'. so if people are worried about being blamed for a bad reco and hence not posting/sharing, then that, sadly, defeats the purpose of the forum.

·
Registered
336 Posts
thanks. I'll try him out let you know what I think.

pls do post back if you go to anyone in the west end. i'm from etobicoke and have been driving to bullock city. great shop but FAAAR ... and not convenient if i want to drop off my car and head into my office (in mississauga). for the record, i won't hold you personally responsible for a reco! ;)

·
Maverick
1,508 Posts
^^^^ Ditto what Lilaki said. Bullock is great but it is MILES away. I'd love to get someone in the West End since my office is in Oakville!

·
Registered
336 Posts
hey guys,

FWIW, i went to nihon auto yesterday for an oil change. i called in the middle of the afternoon and roman told me to come on in any time. they have pretty good hours - 8-6 pm on weekdays, 8-12 pm on saturdays. i was in and out within 40 minutes. there's a computer in the waiting room and a window into the shop so you can watch them work on your car. there's a price list on the wall of the waiting room. i don't remember the exact prices but i don't recall them being super expensive either. i think the hourly rate is slightly more than bullock ... and other than the bonus of nihon being closer to me than bullock ... there's a tim hortons across the street and the mississauga chinese centre is also nearby. so you're not trapped like you are at bullock if you've got to wait. for regular oil changes, i used to take my car into dixie toyota ... but even with an appointment, i would regularly wait 1.5 hours. so i was pretty impressed with nihon. it's also nice to know that roman has a lexus and the guy working on my car also owns an IS300.

digger - thanks for the reco. and no, i won't hold you personally responsible. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts