Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am opening up my IS300 project to the floor, this is mostly visual stuff that ive been considering and i would like some of the guys with alittle more experience than me to shoot me some opinions and advice on these mods..

2003 BO IS300
wanting to add
18x8.5 / 18x9.5 staggered set of 5zigen fn01r-c wheels in bronze
roll fenders flat
full kaminari lip kit and roof spoiler
greddy evo 2 exhaust
d2 coilovers
aem short ram intake
drilled/slotted rotors and paint calipers to match bronze wheels
carbon fiber oem hood by seibon
???
Opinions please, Thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think it would look pretty good! I love black + bronze combo and I am also a fan of the Kaminari lip kit... go for it :approve:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would look pretty good! I love black + bronze combo and I am also a fan of the Kaminari lip kit... go for it :approve:
ive wanted to do black and bronze since my buddy and i test drove a black and bronze sti back in high school haha so i am sold on the color combo just trying to figure out what order i should go with these mods..

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i think everything would look nice but the AEM intake is known for is loud raspy sound i dont think it sounds good at all. Keep in mind the kaminari lip kit has a giant spoiler, and is rather big for a lip kit so i would keep my wheels offsets lower than 38+ to blend them well with the aggressive kit. Just a thought....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think everything would look nice but the AEM intake is known for is loud raspy sound i dont think it sounds good at all. Keep in mind the kaminari lip kit has a giant spoiler, and is rather big for a lip kit so i would keep my wheels offsets lower than 38+ to blend them well with the aggressive kit. Just a thought....
the only spoiler im using from the kaminari kit is the roof spoiler.. it looked reall small and low.. the actually trunk lid spoiler is the stock sport design lip.. is that what you meant? because i agree the kaminari spoiler for the trunk lid is rediculous

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
consider a joe-z intake. my opinion is the calipers might be overkill, could be nice but matching the bronze etc could turn out bad. consider black calipers with gold logos. depending on the future of the car make sure you get good offsets.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I hate these kind of threads.

You either
1. Dont have the funds yet.
or 2. Cant build your own car so your asking for others inputs to justify your build.

Your best bet is to research this whole thread and look over your options.

Reactions: eye ess

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Your mod list is something without reason. You have went through and window shopped on a website picking the cheapest price on all items.

RESEARCH.

thats his reasoning.

Why would you get drilled and slotted?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your mod list is something without reason. You have went through and window shopped on a website picking the cheapest price on all items.

RESEARCH.

thats his reasoning.

Why would you get drilled and slotted?
strictly appearance and ive been told it helps manage heat from the pads/calipers better and can help maintain the pads.. ive done research i just wanted opinions and there are cheaper items available in all the categories i listed above..

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
strictly appearance and ive been told it helps manage heat from the pads/calipers better and can help maintain the pads.. ive done research i just wanted opinions and there are cheaper items available in all the categories i listed above..

Research man.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I hate these kind of threads.

You either
1. Dont have the funds yet.
or 2. Cant build your own car so your asking for others inputs to justify your build.

Your best bet is to research this whole thread and look over your options.
I totally agree with you. I always believe the mods you do to your car say a bit of who you are. And if you get other ppl to pick and choose your mods, then your only doing it to satisfy other's ppl's interests. A lot of ppl on here do some crazy things. Look at guillermo's interior preview. His stuff is wild and out there, things ppl dont think of, but that's just showing a lil of the stuff he likes, and he doesnt care if other ppl like or dislike.

If that is the stuff you want, then get it. But research the products first before you buy and make sure its what YOU want.

As for the rims, I like but if you get them, a word of warning, they are easy to bend over other wheels. (I know from experience)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I totally agree with you. I always believe the mods you do to your car say a bit of who you are. And if you get other ppl to pick and choose your mods, then your only doing it to satisfy other's ppl's interests. A lot of ppl on here do some crazy things. Look at guillermo's interior preview. His stuff is wild and out there, things ppl dont think of, but that's just showing a lil of the stuff he likes, and he doesnt care if other ppl like or dislike.

If that is the stuff you want, then get it. But research the products first before you buy and make sure its what YOU want.

As for the rims, I like but if you get them, a word of warning, they are easy to bend over other wheels. (I know from experience)
i totally agree, im going to mod all the things that i listed, im just asking for opinions on those SPECIFIC parts not doing the exhaust mod or the lip kit mod, im asking about people's experience with those specific parts.. i should have been more clear

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
id get different coilovers, i have tanabe's, i like them, not too stiff, but a lot better than stock performance. they dont have dampening adjustability, but since you only car about looks, it will be of no concern to you. otherwise id get stance GR+. actually scratch the coilover situation, if you are for looks then get shock/spring combo. fno1r-c looks OKAY at best, if you are focusing on looks only, then i would save up for some legit rims. look into Rays/Volk, Work, SSR, Advan, even CCW are cool. 5zigen (nowadays) reminds me of quality from companies like rota, weds, konig, motegi, drag...etc if you see them in discount tire rack ads, then i say no go. color scheme is good. i would paint calipers black with white "lexus" decals over it. lip kit is okay i suppose, ive seen every single kind out there, it will look like the majority of every modded IS on this site.

it all boils down to your best interest though. do what you want, and do what makes you happy. you shouldnt solely rely on us to decide which direction you should take to modding your car. have fun with it, if no one else likes it, it shouldnt matter to you.

- Chad

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
id get different coilovers, i have tanabe's, i like them, not too stiff, but a lot better than stock performance. they dont have dampening adjustability, but since you only car about looks, it will be of no concern to you. otherwise id get stance GR+. actually scratch the coilover situation, if you are for looks then get shock/spring combo. fno1r-c looks OKAY at best, if you are focusing on looks only, then i would save up for some legit rims. look into Rays/Volk, Work, SSR, Advan, even CCW are cool. 5zigen (nowadays) reminds me of quality from companies like rota, weds, konig, motegi, drag...etc if you see them in discount tire rack ads, then i say no go. color scheme is good. i would paint calipers black with white "lexus" decals over it. lip kit is okay i suppose, ive seen every single kind out there, it will look like the majority of every modded IS on this site.

it all boils down to your best interest though. do what you want, and do what makes you happy. you shouldnt solely rely on us to decide which direction you should take to modding your car. have fun with it, if no one else likes it, it shouldnt matter to you.

- Chad
i appreciate the input

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
First i would say get some sway bars first ...changes the car alot more then any of ther other mods you listed.....you'll love driving your car x2.

Greddy evo II is very nice unless you do a full header back exhaust it was way to loud for me...

I personally would get JoeZ , SRT or LMS intakes.... everything else is just inbetween..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.