Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my IS300 3 weeks back and I am extremely happy with it. I think I got a pretty good deal. If someone in the Seattle area is thinking of buying an IS and would like tips on the dealers, email me. If I can be of any help, let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it from Lexus of Lynnwood. They are very friendly. There were other dealerships that were assholes and di not take me seriously (partly because I am not too old -- 24 years). But these guys were nice. They also said that they would give me $100 for every person I refer that buys a car
Anyone???

Thanks for the welcome, DJ! What kind are you driving?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Right on! I too am 24 and they treated me like gold! I bought from Kenny. Super nice guy who sold me the car a week before it was officially released. First one sold in Seattle.

BMW dealerships in the area were pricks and only kissed my ass after they realized I was paying cash!

[This message has been edited by Black300 (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Grey IS,
Show me the deal!!! what kind of deal did you get and from which sales?

Balck 300,
Yes, that's what i heard too from my friends about BMW dealerships... same as Mercedez Benz sales... they're "PIGS".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I know who Kenny is. But I bought it from a different guy. He has been working there for the last 6 months. Even before I picked up my car and paid them, they sent me an invitation fr the unvieling of the LS430. I did not get that in time, but I was impressed. The salesman actually called me yesterday just to check how everything was. I am really impressed.

It seems as though the BMW and Lexus dealers (especially on the eastside) are bastards. They don't seem to give a ****. Oh well, their loss I suppose.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats! GreyIS. So how much of a good deal are you talkin bout? 1, 2k off msrp? And who sold you it? Was it Kenny? Alex? What's your e-mail? I'd like to know who to go to when I buy mine next year. Thx.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, that's cool. I bought a Spectra Blue Mica from Lynnwood. I'm 23, and in spite of me not wearing a suit or a rolex, they did treat me really well. I do know the Kenny guy in question... real nice guy. But I bought from John Bang... I kinda know him. Happy motoring!

Originally posted by greyIS:
I bought it from Lexus of Lynnwood. They are very friendly. There were other dealerships that were assholes and di not take me seriously (partly because I am not too old -- 24 years). But these guys were nice. They also said that they would give me $100 for every person I refer that buys a car
Anyone???

Thanks for the welcome, DJ! What kind are you driving?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by DJ:
wow, another King County resident. Welcome to the board. And congrats on your purchase.
Hey DJ,

I saw a SBM at the Great Wall Mall parking lot a couple weeks ago. Was that you?

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

[This message has been edited by isdisisdat (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
11,061 Posts
I bought a Spectra Blue Mica from Richard Wyatt at Lexus of Tacoma (in Fife). I was treated very well...and he called and e-mailed to be sure I am happy. In addition, he's been available for questions via-e-mail. Nice to see the King County bunch here!

·
Registered
226 Posts
isdisisdat,

No, that wasn't me. I don't think I even know where the Great Wall Mall is located. (Is that the Auburn SuperMall?) I'm pretty bad with roads and stuff... need to get the Navi with a quickness

You guys should come over to Kirkland sometime. During my lunch hour, I see a lot of IS300 running around. I still get alot of looks though. One time I parked on the street by the little park/beach, and when I came back I had like 3 or 4 nose prints on my freshly washed car. Also made a jogger stop in his tracks, walk around the car, put his hands on his hips and just sit there for a while. And when he thought he was ready to go, he stopped again, turned around, took his hat off, put hands on hips again and stared some more.
Too funny.

But seriously though, did any of you guys see the news when the Blue IS300 got jacked in front of Safeco Field? There was a crazy car chase with the IS300 all f*$#@d up coming to a stop in a collision with an innocent motorist. Dayam, that kinda scard me.

[This message has been edited by DJ (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I read that story too. The innocent driver that got hit was killed. It was a crazy chase.

I was in Kirkland today! No joggers staring at my ride though!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts