Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I hate to make a possibly unneeded thread, but I have my headlights cracked open at the moment, (painting the inside reflector black) and am wondering a few things. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm replacing my amber turn signal bulbs with white bulbs, In many tutorials for doing this I've read people have either used RC spray on tint for their turn signal lenses, or have sanded and blacked out the turn signal reflectors

Is it absolutely necessary to do one of these with the replacement clear bulbs? Will it be obnoxiously bright without doing either of these?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is using the spray on RC tint stuff what people use to smoke em? I'm a little lost... and BTW thanks for the sentence of flame before you actually help me.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
joshua1181 said:
is using the spray on RC tint stuff what people use to smoke em? I'm a little lost... and BTW thanks for the sentence of flame before you actually help me.
Then don't post it if you knew it was a repost

at least I was helping could have said SEARCH!

Also, I have never used "rc" spray I use black candy, or nightshades when I have tinted tails etc...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help.... Believe me I've read every single thread I could find about painting headlights, and this specific question (whether or not you can just leave the turn signals, and the reflectors stock with clear bulbs) was not answered in any of them..
so technically it's not a repost, and obviously I've searched this topic cause I didn't just crack open my headlights by using my third wish.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
wow you live in WA?

Should go to the WA meet maxxpsi is trying to get together

Also good luck with the lamps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't even know there was one being planned.... Sounds like fun and I'm actually off for the next week (thus delving into the time consuming headlight mod)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
joshua1181 said:
Didn't even know there was one being planned.... Sounds like fun and I'm actually off for the next week (thus delving into the time consuming headlight mod)

yeah it is the week I am heading to Seattle :lol:

ie: why he is planning it

So yeah check out WEST forum

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Imprimis, sorry to get slightly sarcastic on yah, i gotta learn my place around here :)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
well personally, i had my turn signal lenses smoked!

You got to remember we have two bulbs on each side, so that means its blinding if we put two HyperWhites in there! After getting mine smoke out it still looks the same! Heres a pic

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
No problem :cool:

I think when I move to WA I will continue to paint if I can get some space :lol:

I am doing grills, and markers, emblems etc..

fun

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
man IMPRIMIS i feel a weird case of dejavu aha replying to this thread! Felt like me and you went at this explaining stuff last time?!?! lol

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
XaLtezZaX said:
man IMPRIMIS i feel a weird case of dejavu aha replying to this thread! Felt like me and you went at this explaining stuff last time?!?! lol

did we :suspiciou

:lol:

Probably

Well I do the painting explanation about once a week..

people got tired of asking so they PM me I give them a killer price and then they mail me parts now :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts