Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some lady totaled my 2013 Yamaha R6, and along with this the accident totaled my arm bone :). My Lexus IS300 is the only other form of transport I will be able to use, that is if I can get a new engine for it, and in it! The R6 was a cool alternative to the blown motor IS300 daily driver, until now! I’m not getting back on a bike for a good while. I’m in need of a new 2JZ-GE, if anyone has the hookups please help your boy out! Thanks in advance!!
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
608 Posts
The GE's can be had all day long for a grand or a bit less on ebay. Pick one from an outfit with good feedback that publishes a video of the engine running and/or the actual compression readings.

Bottom line though is it's pretty hard to hurt a 2J making 215hp so long as it has oil and coolant so I don't think you need to get too wrapped around the axle about a good-looking take out engine being good. It surprises me your 200k mile unit has given up - unless it didn't have oil or coolant for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The GE's can be had all day long for a grand or a bit less on ebay. Pick one from an outfit with good feedback that publishes a video of the engine running and/or the actual compression readings.

Bottom line though is it's pretty hard to hurt a 2J making 215hp so long as it has oil and coolant so I don't think you need to get too wrapped around the axle about a good-looking take out engine being good. It surprises me your 200k mile unit has given up - unless it didn't have oil or coolant for a while.
It was the low oil for me! I appreciate the feedback, thanks man!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts