Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions in the NJ area regarding 45K Service.

I've called up Edison Lexus, they quoted $461 (2-3hrs) with a loaner car.

I've also called up couple of Toyota dealers in the central jersey area quoting anywhere between $230 - $350.

Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Hey Walter....call me right now @ Warnock lexus, I can set it up for you next week, earliest would be jan 3 or 4th...or even next sat the 5th we can get it done for you as well..we charge $315 and that includes a lexus loaner...

973-992-4400 ask for Marc

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Hey Walter....call me right now @ Warnock lexus, I can set it up for you next week, earliest would be jan 3 or 4th...or even next sat the 5th we can get it done for you as well..we charge $315 and that includes a lexus loaner...

:lol: Good up sell, Marc..............you're learning the trade.;)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
hehe thanks Gio..

well, I left at 4:15 and didnt get a call...but maybe someone else did, or call on monday! :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Lexus dealership by me does it for $272 (no tax). Not sure how far you are from Wilmington (Delaware) Lexus.

·
Registered
262 Posts
mmmm 45 k services are damn expensive when you dont do your own work apparantly.... im suddenly glad i work on cars now

·
Registered
4,050 Posts

Hey Marc,
What's included in that service, just curious. I may reffer to you in the future, to get my T-belt and water pump done, along with few other things. But for now, I do my own stuff, changing fluids and such.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
On the other hand a 2005 IS300 with 45k mi, shouldn't need much besides:

- Oil Change
- Trans Fluid Drain / Fill
- Air Filter
- Rotate Tires
- Flush Brake Fluid
- Top Off any fluids (Coolant if needed)

Hence I wouldn't see myself spending more than $200 on this service at any dealer. Quiet frankly, anyone with little skill and a driveway/garage, can do it all himself for fraction of the cost.

And I don't want to hear the 300point inspection check on all your car, use to work for the dealer so trust me I know all the BS that went/goes on.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Hey Marc,
What's included in that service, just curious. I may reffer to you in the future, to get my T-belt and water pump done, along with few other things. But for now, I do my own stuff, changing fluids and such.

Hey buddy, well, funny i'm getting my tbelt and wtr pump tomorrow....

for the 45k, we do:

HIGHLIGHTS:

oil/filter change
rotate tires
inspect brake pads and tire treads and report their specs
retorque driveshaft bolts
top off all fluids
replace engine filter
replace interior cabin filter
check all tire pressures and reset to spec if neccesary

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Hey buddy, well, funny i'm getting my tbelt and wtr pump tomorrow....

for the 45k, we do:

HIGHLIGHTS:

oil/filter change
rotate tires
inspect brake pads and tire treads and report their specs
retorque driveshaft bolts
top off all fluids
replace engine filter
replace interior cabin filter
check all tire pressures and reset to spec if neccesary
Damn, that's what $325 only gets you? I would at least thing drain and fill trans would also be included. I guess that $150 or so must go to that loaner cough * "rental" car fee. :lol:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Walter just came in today, I took care of him, came to $315....gave him an IS250 to take for the afternoon!!

thanks for coming in..anyone else, feel free to call and ask for me..

-Marc

·
Registered
408 Posts
The $1215 is not including the water pump right? The dealership I usually go to wants to charge $1380 for the 90k service, and if I want the water pump changed, it goes up to $1980.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i did my own water pump and timming belt and i dont see why you would have to go to lexus to get that done. a local grage should be able to do it in one day for alot cheaper

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would attempt to do this myself, but do not have the time right now. Also with going to the dealership, I would get a loaner in which I would really need for work. I really do not want to pay those prices, but it is a gaurenteed means of transportation for me. I have found most of the OEM parts cheaper than what the dealership has quoted, so that will help a lot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, have been away from my laptop since the original post.
I don't even know where warnock is? Sorry, took my car to a DCH Toyota near by my place and they did my service for $136 :suspiciou

1 - 20 of 22 Posts