Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You will need at least a 32 offset to fit it. Pictured below is a 42 offset 9" with a 10mm spacer.

Just in case you were thinking about it.

HOWEVER as i an getting stupider every day. I forgot to put the brace rotor on. DUHHHHH. So puting that in i am able to use ONE 5mm spacer and have 4mm of clearance now. So that gives it a 37mm offset.

So as stated belew a 38mm would work fine.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
9 inch wheel ???:jawDrop::suspiciou

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
edit: fixed

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
You sure about that? I just test fitted my 18x9 +41, and it spins, but rubs very lightly on the arm... A 3mm spacer should clear it.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Thanks for confirming.

Wheel lip type and wheel size have a lot to do with it since the inner upright curves away.

How about grinding the upright and rewelding a brace behind it? :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its cast iron and generally welding on cast is a huge pain and not very many people can do it correctly. But that is an option if you trust someone to do it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+ 38 wouldnt work for me with 17 inch wheels. I tried one 5mm spacer first which gave me 37 and it touched. I can see the pic fine.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take a picture please. Also what size tires are you running? As you can see the weds sports run a thick lip for strength. a thinner lip could gain you a couple mm easy.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i wouldnt be able to take the same picture as you... but when i unmount the current set of tires to replace them, i will (hopefully) remember to take the same picture.

i didnt drive hard when i had the 17x9's u[p front. but i didnt notice any rubbing or nosies. the tires at the time were 255/40 goodyear eagle f1 something something, it had jdm tires on.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here is some pics I snapped earlier today after work in case you guys needed some reference
9inch wide with +35 offset
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

And just so you guys can verify(sorry it cam out a bit dark)
[/IMG]

BTW my 17x9+35's also fit the same exact way except it was just a bit closer to the bottom curve of the arm

·
Registered
27 Posts
well my wheel is 18x9 60mm plus a 5mm spacer making it 55mm and it fits flush with about 2-3mm clearance from the arm.

running 235/40/18 and a 2inch drop

1 - 19 of 19 Posts