Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are two pictures of the is350 and the stats where the is350 runs 13.7 quartermile.

Reactions: GutterMouth

·
Registered
487 Posts
If the IS is 2nd, who was 1st? BMW for good mileage?

·
Registered
182 Posts
BMW is first in every car magazine ever, no matter what. They'll say 'true it's more expensive, and slower.. and the 3 series of past have terrible build quality but we're sure this one is different.. but it's a BMW, you just don't understand!'. Car magazines rock! :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That's so lame the BMW got 1st. I applaud Lexus for adding some juice, but then they f*ck that all up by not having an off switch for the stability control, or a manual. They def made it "softer" or more luxurious.

Well, if the IS460 comes out, maybe that'll be more of the track car with luxury amenities (i.e. M3/S4). I'll also take one with AWD and a sequential gearbox.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look at the first picture..i think everyone can virtually agree with me here that the is350 is the best looking car out of all of them =]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hirun said:
look at the first picture..i think everyone can virtually agree with me here that the is350 is the best looking car out of all of them =]

Yeah thats so true. Lots of people say they don't like the look but put it up against the opposition and it lookin v.good

·
Registered
491 Posts
why BMW rank 1st??? i dont convince...

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Damn the 350 is quick!!!!!! Lexus has to have a 6sp in the works for the 350. I cant undersatnd why not....Man the Audi is slower than tricycle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
capnpyro said:
BMW is first in every car magazine ever, no matter what. They'll say 'true it's more expensive, and slower.. and the 3 series of past have terrible build quality but we're sure this one is different.. but it's a BMW, you just don't understand!'. Car magazines rock! :D
Isn't CAR and Driver magazine sponsored by BMW?
Same thing happened when they tested the Mini vs Mazdaspeed, Focus, Golf and Civic.
Although it did alright, the Mini was outranked by the others.
But... it won!
Hail to sponsors!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
WOW... the IS350 sure looks bad assed in black in those pics! And those performance numbers... WOW WOW WOW!!! :cool:

I can't believe C&D is that biased that they would still vote BMW #1. Oh well... I won't be driving the BMW in the future... when I retire my IS300... it'll be for the new IS. I think I will also e-mail/write C&D and let them know what I think of their biased test. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looks like lexus did a great job after all.

The two IS lines are amazing =]

is300 and the all new is350..go lexus!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts