Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrights guys, i'm in a big pickle between these four springs.
i'm looking for the nicest and most comfortable ride with a decent drop.
my four picks on the springs are:
1. eibach pro kits
2. tanabe NF210 (not in order)
3. Tein S techs
4. H&R springs

i will be running 18's soon and in need of buying springs.
i am a daily driver just pushing the car occasionally but mainly just driving it to college and back. i'm not in any interest for tracking the car or putting heavy duty sway bars or coilovers. my biggest concern is COMFORT. i'll probably run my stock shocks until i buy some KYB's or illuminas if my budget is good. please give me your input on what i should get and maybe some pics of the car with 18s and the springs installed.

thanks so much from a fellow IS owner.

Reactions: MIZIKE

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have the prokits myself and love them. The only issue i have is not being as low. I look stock compared to other IS's at the meets.

Reactions: CEB

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the H&R's and i love them! Im also running 18's and the drop is perfect imo, ill try to post some pics up later for you

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys great input +rep. Let's see some more guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have the h & r. my buddy has the eibach prokits and he prefers my ride. note...i have camber kits on mine-reason the h&r will drop lower than specified. if you're concerned with tire wear w/o camber kits i'd go with the prokits....if you want a slammed look i'd go h&r...just my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the h & r. my buddy has the eibach prokits and he prefers my ride. note...i have camber kits on mine-reason the h&r will drop lower than specified. if you're concerned with tire wear w/o camber kits i'd go with the prokits....if you want a slammed look i'd go h&r...just my opinion
you are saying that the prokits would give you no (or less) tire wear??

·
Registered
28 Posts
the prokits will give you less tire wear than the h&r w/o camber kits. fact is with a very good alignment job, with the prokits, your car can be set within spec albeit it at the edge of it. H&R springs in reality lowers your car about 2inches.... search.....i dont post much but i just try to help out when no one does.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here are the pics of my car on H&R's with Tokico HP's and 18's, you can really see the amount of drop when you look at the pic of the rear.

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the great pics Wakeskatr72 and maverickjj24 +rep. i don't think i have enough mula for the camber kits so i'll probably go with the pro kits.
but i'm still undecisive here, lets see some more input please! :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have the prokits myself and love them. The only issue i have is not being as low. I look stock compared to other IS's at the meets.
Too true!!! But then when I see a stock IS, I always initially wonder if something is wrong with the car because it is soooo high.

The Prokits are basically the way the car should have come from the factory. Both for stiffness and ride height.

Reactions: MIZIKE

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have prokits with koni shocks and i love it. if you are getting shocks down the road, go with prokits. your stockies will hold you over and not blow like with the stiffer springs, and with the konis, if the drop isnt enough with just the prokit, you can lower it a bit more. right now i am a little less than a 2 inch drop with them set at the lower perch.

it sits a tiny bit lower than that now with settling.

Reactions: Tigger

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great looking car chrisridebike8 and thanks for the input/pic! :) i'm really leaning towards the pro kits. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
If your biggest concern is comfort, you will not regret Tanabe NF210. Lousy on the tracks but perfect for daily driving comfort and the drop your looking for. Stock shocks will do for now but strongly recommends aftermarket shocks to mate with it. Suggestion would be Tokico Illuminas + NF210. :approve:

Here's a pic of my ride on NF210 + stock shocks + 18" Volks.

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have tein s techs. i love the drop on my car. i have the stock rims 17" and the front has about a one and half finger gap and the rear has a bout a one finger gap. comfort is good to me. but i want it to be stiffer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had eibach pro-kits on my last car and couldn't have been more pleased with the ride. I would always look and my car and say damn! I wish it was lower. It looks stock!

On this car I decided to go with Sportlines, but I also got Koni Yellows. The drop and ride are more extreme, so these aren't for you. If it wasn't for the adjustable dampers, the ride would have probably sucked (as far as smoothness). Definately more performance oriented. For your setup I would recommend the Pro-kits, but with Koni yellows.

The Konis have an additional spot you can place the perch on which I believe was 0.5" lower (I think the Bilsteins have an adjustable perch...but are not rate adjustable). You would get a pretty good drop (not too extreme) and have a good feeling spring with an ever so slightly stiffer rate over stock--the eibachs are progressive rate springs which, to me, is ideal for the road. The damper will allow you to fine tune 0-720 degrees of adjustment (not 1-2-3-4-5 settings) so you will have no bounce or over damping as long as you fine tune right ;) Adjustable dampers to me are key though. This is the first car that I have had them on, and now every car whose suspesion I modify will have adjustable dampers. No question about it!

Here are a few pics, but these are sportlines and koni yellows. I could not be any happier with this setup, except for tire wear lol. But that was expected. Pro-kits will give you the best wear but will look stock. Any lower than that and you will have tire wear issues...but you gotta pay to play :) Good luck on your choice...but eibach pro-kit/koni yellow on lower perch is my vote.

I have better pics on my other computer...but these will do for now I guess. lmk If you want others

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
If you want a comfortable ride... I'd say go with the Eibach Pro-Kits. I put them on my car with Bilstein shocks... and the ride is only marginally stiffer. Infact it pretty much feels stock over bumps... minus the body roll. The only thing is tho is that for people that want huge drops... these springs won't be low enough fro you. The Pro-Kits basically bring the bottom of the fender/wheel-well close to the top of the tire. If you want even lower... like the wheels tucking into the body of the car... then you need to look for another spring.

Otherwise for a nice drop that closes up the wheel gap... prevents your car from rolling around... and still gives a Lexus quality ride... go for the Eibach Pro-Kits.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I think the Bilsteins have an adjustable perch...but are not rate adjustable
older ones were height adjustable and the new ones are permanently at the lower spot. nice drop too

Reactions: Neegra
1 - 20 of 23 Posts