Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm a newbie here and wanted to know if anyone else has the dreaded inside tire wear on front tires? This is on the wife's car and no one seems to know a fix. Car is a 2001. Tia...

·
Registered
143 Posts
it is the alingment. and the sportie tires. there soft to begin with. then the stance on the is300 is aggressive and sporty. its the tire eating combo. i tend to think the alignment from the factory is to aggressive. but the car is very fun to drive. my advice is at the first sign of abnomral wear check the aglinment and tell them you do not want it that aggressive so you can save your tires. any good shop will know those types of setting.
skot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a couple friends who have had their's realigned at the dealer with the same result. I just want to know if there is a fix....Thanks for the responses..

·
Registered
143 Posts
mike02ss said:
I have a couple friends who have had their's realigned at the dealer with the same result. I just want to know if there is a fix....Thanks for the responses..
theres no real fixes. its a combo of the tire and alignment. useing a slightly different spec for the aling might help you out. the tires just wear really quick thats why they have the tire warning sticker when you buy the car saying they coould wear in 20k or sooner.
skot

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lexus told me that they angle the tires in a little bit to get the quietest ride. Supposedly there is a quieter ride with the tires angled in a little like that!

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Do a search there are a ton of threads regarding the issue. I got a new set of tires because the car was out of alignment.

·
8,849 Posts
That's how it comes alligned from the factory. Proper, less "agressive" alignment should fix it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I killed the stock tires at 5000 miles believe it or not. swear on my mothers grave barely any tread left I had potenzas. I got Michaeln Pilot Sport A/S 235's now tread is wearing fast on front. I am gonna get an alignment as soon as I get my clutch fixed.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I burned through my set of RE040s in 8000km. No alignment problems... even wear.

I have fun on highway on/off ramps. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Inside tire wear is most likely due to a camber adjustment out of spec but this probably results in improved hadling as others have posted. Another good preventative measure is to make sure you rotate the tires regularly (every 6,000-7,500 miles).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts