Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the car, test drove it for about two hours. Wow... what a different!

Here are what i notice:
1. The car growl a little noticable louder, but very nice.
2. Pick up MUCH more quicker and more responsive.( i noticed that at lower end RPM and high speed too)
3). Feel smoother, don't have the hestiation anymore.

·
11,061 Posts
That's exactly what I'm looking forward to...now if the dealer would just call to inform me that it's my turn. He did say they have some of the parts in already...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey
i just got my trac ecu upgraded. And this is what i am feeling. When i hit the accelerator hard, it still does what it used to do before, but it seems as if it is getting limited, and its hitting some kind of program thats limiting the acceleration. Maybe its just me, but i am not completely satisfied. When i hit the accelerator it seems to be more jerky. Maybe, my upgrade was done wrong. i dont know. I've only had it for a few days, so i am going to give it some more time, before i take it in again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Originally posted by fruggal:
Hey
i just got my trac ecu upgraded. And this is what i am feeling. When i hit the accelerator hard, it still does what it used to do before, but it seems as if it is getting limited, and its hitting some kind of program thats limiting the acceleration. Maybe its just me, but i am not completely satisfied. When i hit the accelerator it seems to be more jerky. Maybe, my upgrade was done wrong. i dont know. I've only had it for a few days, so i am going to give it some more time, before i take it in again.
Make sure you got the upgrade done. Check your receipt and call your service consultant.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think I'll hold off on getting my ECU updates then. I'm happy with my car's performance at the moment... but it does get jerky sometimes when trac is on.

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: Badman Forever ]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
That's exactly what I'm looking forward to...now if the dealer would just call to inform me that it's my turn. He did say they have some of the parts in already...
Hey SeattleSheila, which dealership did you call? I have my 15k comin up and was about to get them to do it all at once, and I wanna make sure they dont try to pretend that they don't know what it is.
thanks
Pat

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I hate to be the spoiler of everyone's party, but you guys make it sound as if you've got a brand new car w/lots more hp.

I simply can't believe an ECU reflash and TRAC reprogram would create that much of a difference. Remember, the problems w/each occurred in a fairly specific set of driving manuevers.

It sounds after the reflash that the car works much better in ALL driving conditions. I think we got some individuals experiencing the placebo effect here. You want to believe that something is dramatically different with the car.

I'm not denying that the car is now better, but to the degree that some of you are describing, it's tough to believe.

BTW I haven't gotten that reflash and my dealership doesn't currently have the ability to do it. And yes, my car does fall w/in the VIN# range.

Try not to flame me too much, I usually post helpful info.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by is300pat:
Hey SeattleSheila, which dealership did you call? I have my 15k comin up and was about to get them to do it all at once, and I wanna make sure they dont try to pretend that they don't know what it is.
thanks
Pat
Lexus of Tacoma in Fife.

·
Registered
376 Posts
risk, there is a huge difference, not in power, no difference at all, i think people feel there car is faster, cause it shifts quicker.. There is no hesitation on mine anymore, it's great... Very impressed with the difference.. But again, it's only with the shifting of the gears...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
cruznis,

I have no problem accepting the statement that the car shifts better after the reflash. However, after reading some of the posts, one would think there's a 8 cycl. motor after the reflash.

The better shifting probably gave the feeling of better or at least smoother acceleration, but I don't think it would give the feeling of gaining overall power.

I'm not saying it didn't make a difference, but that the degree of improvement couldn't have been that much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had mine done about 2 weeks ago...I've turned it into my daily driver now! Big difference and I feel like I bought another IS....Much better!!!
Think I can wait a little longer on the 6-speed...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Originally posted by fruggal:
Hey
i have the same problem ,as soon as i got update i felt my car lost power and i can still feel hositation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok I understand there is two parts to this proccess, and not all vins gets both parts. the first part as I understand is the ECU re programmed, and the second part a new computer component for the trac control. thats what I found out. Now maybe some of you just got the ECU re programed and not the other. But as it was said in a previous reply and as I have seen before when you take your car to a dealer or shop and you get it back it almost always seems different cause your looking for something. I could be wrong cause mine has not been done yet parts are on order. but all in all liek what was said pull the battery cable even longer than 2 min just to be sure, then drive it and enjoy it try not to drive it and pick it a part..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey gray is3,
I must have missed the post on yanking the battery cable. What does that do? Besides screw up my radio stations, just kidding really will it clear out the memory on the way you drive or something. You know that first trip home from the dealer we just had to press those little shift buttons a hundred times, not only that, the clowns and lot boys that drove it befor it got out on display. Maybe the computer remembers them?????????? B.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts