Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to do this mod for a while. The only thing im worried is what lexus will think or do (warranty). Well if I were to paint my calipers blue and put the lexus decals on them, what happens when my lease is up in 3 years. Will I have to buy next breaks? Can i give lexus back my car? will the paint come off by then? I'll be using G2 caliper paint. It is important someone lets me know asap. Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
if you use strong enough paint remover the paint should come right off....

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If being able to remove the paint is important to you, then I would suggest you use hi-temp spray paint instead of the G2. The spray paint should come off with brake cleaner and some elbow grease. The G2 I'm afraid would be a lot more difficult to remove.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
keep in mind the last time my father turned in a leased car, it was a sunny day, and the manager looked at the car through the window and said, "OK"

The inspection is far from rigorous

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
HoustonLex said:
keep in mind the last time my father turned in a leased car, it was a sunny day, and the manager looked at the car through the window and said, "OK"

This is true, but i've known people that have gotten charged after the fact.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
if i lease't a car, i'd jus pound that biatch all the time :lol:

is that how you do her/it?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Just paint them a non-ricey color like black or silver and they won't care.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
I've been wanting to do this mod for a while. The only thing im worried is what lexus will think or do (warranty). Well if I were to paint my calipers blue and put the lexus decals on them, what happens when my lease is up in 3 years. Will I have to buy next breaks? Can i give lexus back my car? will the paint come off by then? I'll be using G2 caliper paint. It is important someone lets me know asap. Thanks a lot!!!
Can the paint last that long? I thought the paint will start fainting after a year or so.....

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
HoustonLex said:

That's what I'm counting on. I painted the calipers on my leased IS red & put decals on them. If Lexus bitches... oh well... time for elbow grease and some sort of brake cleaner or paint remover...

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
blklex said:
the best advice....don't lease a car
yes because assets should not be matched to the utility they provide us during a period of time. Cars are a piece of machinery that gives us utility and allows us to make money. They dont make us money on day 1, they make us money throughout their useful life. Why buy the asset on day 1 if its going to provide you utility for x number of years?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.