Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Import Survival Series "Comments"

Alright guys, today was a fucking blast. We got a good turn out and it seems every time we meet, theres always new faces, but unfortunately everyone cant come every single time so its always only like 10-12 cars when we could get like 20 if everyones schedule could fit the certain meet dates. Anyways i cant wait till the meet at the mall up in N.Y. and im sure it will be a big turnout. Post your comments about how Import Survival Series was.... Later

-Tom-

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
great day everyone.....had a damn good time, and congrats goes out too all the first round winners, jturk3, lil' IS 300, and Danny271

guys if you got pics, videos, time slips, results, feelf ree to share with everyone....

cant wait till the spring till the next big race, time to get back to work and get ready for 2004!

aight guys, look forward to the next meet.....catch ya all around!

:chill:

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
lexluger180 said:
oh yeah marc make cheesecakes next time :wink:
Yea seriously...cookies? You should cook us a dinner next time :wink:

Anyway, I had a fun time finally getting my car to the track. Can't say i'm too happy with the times but tomorrow i'm calling Mo to see about their shift kit or valve body. There's no way i'm gonna put in a headgasket, and return fuel system and raise boost when my car can't even shift at it's current power level.

I know if my car was shifting perfectly I would have had mid 13 second times.

I had a great time though! My head kinda hurts though from all the days activity and drone on the way back home :lol: Nice seeing new faces and revisiting others. I have a video of my 13.9 run and some other peoples runs which i'll try to get up tomorrow cause i'm tired as hell now.

Marc - I know you got a lot of footage, can't wait to see it.

Let's post pics!

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
SIDE NOTE:

anyone have my HELMET?!?!

I lent it to Danny, then he handed it back to me before we did the roll out...i'm guessing I must have put in my backseat, but its not there, and its missing...oh well, if it turns up, let me know....thanks guys!

·
Registered
826 Posts
ya was great time today really enjoyed it...had to leave early to take care of a couple things this afternoon sorry if i didn't get to say goodbye to a few of ya.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
We tried to get to the pits, but they wouldn't let us with a pit pass.... :pissed: no vendors to bargain with so we watched a little from the stands. Saw a few of you run, but we couldn't stay too long. Glad to see something other than those damn Civics on the track... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Mr.Mark - I definately want to see your Is300 mr. im on the coverpage of turbo magazine.... hopefully by next spring or maybe at our next meet which is going to be sometime either the first or second week of december.

Marc, the last time I remember seeing your helmet was when danny, got done using it after his last round... and he started to hand it to me, and then passed it to you... remember jturk when we were laugin about it becuase it looked like I was helping him hold it or something lol. Other then that, I dont recall what you did with it.

I'm telling you though - the sooner we can get that date set up for the next meet up in Palasades or however you spell it the better, to give people a heads up. Alright guys im out, im so fuckin tired... and post those pics and vid's within the next couple days.

-Tom-

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea Mr.Mark - I definately want to see your Is300 mr. im on the coverpage of turbo magazine.... hopefully by next spring or maybe at our next meet which is going to be sometime either the first or second week of december.

Marc, the last time I remember seeing your helmet was when danny, got done using it after his last round... and he started to hand it to me, and then passed it to you... remember jturk when we were laugin about it becuase it looked like I was helping him hold it or something lol. Other then that, I dont recall what you did with it.

I'm telling you though - the sooner we can get that date set up for the next meet up in Palasades or however you spell it the better, to give people a heads up. Alright guys im out, im so fuckin tired... and post those pics and vid's within the next couple days.

-Tom-

·
Registered
856 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
SIDE NOTE:

anyone have my HELMET?!?!

I lent it to Danny, then he handed it back to me before we did the roll out...i'm guessing I must have put in my backseat, but its not there, and its missing...oh well, if it turns up, let me know....thanks guys!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew there was a secret raffle i had no idea about. I won a semi-new motorcross helmut. NICE colors too. Blue and white and black. I guess danny put it in my car after his race. since theyre very similar from the side.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brian.. we actually got alot of footage and pics. I'm sure they'll post there time-slips... but yea everyone did great and marc got screwed in the first round just becuase he dialed in at 15.65 and he ran 15.64.... Hopefully you will come up to Palisades mall Brian... Later,

-Tom-

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
fairuza11 said:
marc how did you do??? any pics guys??good first round wins for the guys who won...what were the times??
I got a 13.9 and 14.0 for my two best times. I guess it's not that bad considering it was only my second time ever at the track...and the first time I went I only got one run stock.

But you REALLY do not want to know some of the other times I got. It's embarassing :oops:

If only my "fucking car shifted!" I would have been able to dig deeper into the 13's...most likely mid 13's. And wouldn't have gotten these purely shit times.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
fairuza11 said:
I can only assume it is an auto eh..
Yep, an auto with no valve body upgrade or anything. The shifting was so horrendous that in one run I was bouncing of the redline in first gear so I let off the gas, got back on again, but it continued to redline on first, so I let off AGAIN, and it finally shifts to second. When second gets to redline it starts bouncing. So I have to let off yet again, and then get back on it and it shifts. Needless to say, I got a time that was worse than my stock run.

Looks like i'll be getting a valve body upgrade afterall....ugh

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
yeah, I am still pissed..... :x

after a 15.78 1st time trial run....at 11am and 44 degrees out...I expected to do better for my 2nd, with a warmer track, and ready to rock for the 1st round....but NO....

dumb fucks broke down on the track, 1 went the whole length spilling oil, closed the track 2 time for 40 min each......thus, no 2nd time trial.....

so, I dialed in at 15.65 for first round, and knew from past experiance, I better try and get close to it.....

so.....ran a 15.649

:crazy:

nuff said.....

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
hey guys, i finally made it....i was parked in the rear lot with all the other is's.....hey mark, was that you with the dent in the door? i had a good time yuesterday, but missed everyone, so i didnt actualyl meet any of you guys.....hopefully i will meet up with some of you soon, maybe at the short hills meet next week

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
mikefate said:
hey guys, i finally made it....i was parked in the rear lot with all the other is's.....hey mark, was that you with the dent in the door? i had a good time yuesterday, but missed everyone, so i didnt actualyl meet any of you guys.....hopefully i will meet up with some of you soon, maybe at the short hills meet next week
was that you with a black IS and waved to me??

Danny271 has a huge dent in his driver's side door, I dont...

yeah, we all gathered along the fence to watch the racing....had a good time....next time come find us!

see ya around ...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.