Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a huge difference between these subs ?
anyone have expirience with one or both?
I have read good things about the ID MAX
and was wondering if its worth the money...I only want to run one sub
so the I'm thinkin the ID-MAX might be the move.

thanks
BA

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
AD_LIB said:

thanks
BA
2 completely different animals so a comparison is not available. The ID MAX requires a lot of power. I would not drive less than 750 continuous watts to 1. I recommend 1000!

The IDQ will work in a smaller enclosure, but it does not have the lowend output the Max delivers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is the best application for the ID MAX ? Infinite Baffle? Sealed ?
also would you say a Hi Fonics Boltar would do the trick for one 12?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Requires all that power for what?? To be able to reproduce the best hi-fidelity as possible from the speaker? Or just to play as loud as possible. I truly doubt that hardly any subwoofer needs more than 50 watts of real TRUE RMS power to sound as good as it can possibly sound.

lisnup65 said:
AD_LIB said:

thanks
BA
2 completely different animals so a comparison is not available. The ID MAX requires a lot of power. I would not drive less than 750 continuous watts to 1. I recommend 1000!

The IDQ will work in a smaller enclosure, but it does not have the lowend output the Max delivers.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Peter_Klim said:
Requires all that power for what?? To be able to reproduce the best hi-fidelity as possible from the speaker? Or just to play as loud as possible. I truly doubt that hardly any subwoofer needs more than 50 watts of real TRUE RMS power to sound as good as it can possibly sound.

lisnup65 said:
AD_LIB said:

thanks
BA

There is no reason to get an IDMax if you're not going to run the proper power. That is why I went with the IDQ. I've also heard it's not good to under power a sub like an IDMax.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
AD_LIB said:
So what is the best application for the ID MAX ? Infinite Baffle? Sealed ?
also would you say a Hi Fonics Boltar would do the trick for one 12?
I dont care for Infinite baffle unless you know that the area is absolutely sealed off. Sealed they rock, ported they are insane. Each application has benefits so it depends on what you are looking for as to which application is the best.

The Boltar will work fine, but the Zues will work better! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i'm looking for great sound quality for normal music..not high SPL music only. 80hz-20hz
ported or sealed ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honeslty the more i think about it...it will be so rare that i would actually give that sub a workout...i'm thinkin i should just go with the IDQ and save some $$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
AD_LIB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing