Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my red is 300 5 speed from Lexus of Peoria on Wednesday evening. It was the BEST purchasing experience I have ever had! While I thought the purchasing experience was great, it doesn't even come close to how fun and exciting this car is to drive and to look at. First of all, the absolutely red color is amazing! It is bright, rich, and shines up very nicely. The five speed stick is very accurate and positive and the gear changes snick into place. Very nice.
The smoked tailights are a nice improvement and make the rear of the car look very classy.
The handling and steering are very precise and it is a nice mix between luxury and sportiness.
Finally, I feel that this car was a great bargain and you really do get a lot of content for the cash. I just hope that it is reliable and that I get many years of enjoyment from this car.
If you are thinking about a new is 300, go ahead and buy it. I don't think you will be disappointed!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was there the other day and Brian (the service guy) said one was already sold...are you from Peoria..? I don't see too many driving around Central IL...I've had mine all summer and I love it...Lexus of Peoria has been great about service...almost annoying...they call to follow-up on every interaction you have with them...no gripes yet...enjoy your car

·
11,061 Posts
Hey, BOOT, I think you ARE the first to post news of actual "possession" of your 2002 IS300...and a RED one too! Congratulations!
Uh, but remember...the cops are gonna see you before you see them...

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: SeattleSheila ]

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lucky U
what did you end up paying?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
pics and purchase price please?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
pics and purchase price please?
As well as options you were able to get ......total price including all options.......

·
Registered
349 Posts
My guess is, he will not answer your questions anytime soon… He is probably out somewhere in the curvy mountain roads driving the hell out of his new IS… Lucky sob!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got my 2002 Silver 5 speed! WOOHOO!!!
Its fully looaded, all black leather, nav system...I love it!

the only complaint...is that the shifter seems kind of tall..but other than that the car is sweet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
I wanna hear more about these "smoked" taillights?? I dont believe just yet.

"Darker Exterior IS300's will feature taillights with black background."

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Suxel ]

·
Registered
921 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
Check out the album for the "smoked" taillights (really just black housing/background instead of chrome):
http://www.is300.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009259
Actualy it is not a black background...it is a smoked background. Not a solid black. It is on all of the darker colored cars including red, intensa blue, black, and graphite. White and silver still get the chrome tails. Other colors I have not seen yet.
If you want to see for your self visit Longo Lexus in El Monte, Ca.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts