Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend's being lazy and doesn't want to do anything for his car. he only wants to buy an intake, so i'm gonna get one for him, but i dont know what's the best kind to get price wise and HP/TQ gain wise...i heard that the K&N typhoon intake is my best bet, but i dunno...i suck at car stuff...any suggestions?..thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
if you wanted a less pricier intake i will sell you a brand new in box Injen Intake w/heatshield to you for a really good price. i need to get it out of here. pm me if interested.--matt

·
Registered
552 Posts
injen blows... so far SRT is one of the best b/c they got an ECU w/ it... i have K&N and i had no problems w/ it.. i'm happy w/ my intake.

·
Registered
765 Posts
if you put an SAFCII with it its better than the SRT in my opinion and slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
765 Posts
plus with the SAFCII you can have it tuned to whereever you are and if you add other stuff on like exhaust, header, racepipe, you can tune them in as well. you have more flexibility with the SAFCII/Injen intake setup than the SRT. either setup is good but i would go with the combo.--matt

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
intakes

AEM: um, 50 percent work well, 50 percent work crappy.. its all luck which one you get.

INJEN: the first and second generation intakes were so -so.. i believe first actually lost HP.. the 3rd gen is suppose to be better.

PLP: quiet and ok gains, but kinda pricey for what it is. not a fan of foam filters.
JOEZ: best bang for buck with any choice of drop in filters.

SRT: in my opinion, over priced and not worth the hype. supposedly high gains, but ive heard from two sources it actually loses some hp.

K&N typhoon: kinda "show" style intake, good sound and good power.

K&N Fipk: carb certed , good sound, good power.

drop in filters:
in order of what i think best to worst would be:

TRD
PLP/ TOMs
K&N
BLitz
Stock

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
SRT :p

o3 solar IS