Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am new to the this bored, I just found it 3 minutes ago! :D I have owned a Chevrolet Camaro SS for the past two years. It was FAST as hell, but it had very poor build quality, it rattled apart, it was loud, and basically besides being fast a POS! :crazy:

SOOOOO I have been looking around for the past two weeks for a new car. I have looked at the BMW 325, Infiniti G35 (a 4 month wait!), Cadillac CTS, Jaguar X type and last but not least the IS300! I have to admit that I am leaning toward the IS300. I absoluty love this car!

I was wondering if you guys/gals could give me some input on what you like dont like about the car. What are some common problems. Am I going to love this car!! I know it wont be nearly as fast as my old car, but does it feel pretty fast? And lastly what about the up and down shift on the steering wheel, does anyone like that!

Thank you in advace from hopefully a future IS300 owner!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
First off great choice...IS all the way...I pretty much have no faults with anything in the car...things you love include the kick ass stero great handling awsome potential and generally an amazing well built car! I would defently purchase one if i were you..and if you start to miss the power of the camero just drop a stage 1 or 2 turbo and ull have it back and THENSOME! lol anyways goodluck and keep us updated on the purchase

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
The car is truly a tuner car. The 2JZ power plant is stout. There are many of us on the board pulling big numbers on the stock block. I have well over 500 rwhp on the stock internals, so if you want fast, it is a great choice for modding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wxman said:
The car is truly a tuner car. The 2JZ power plant is stout. There are many of us on the board pulling big numbers on the stock block. I have well over 500 rwhp on the stock internals, so if you want fast, it is a great choice for modding.
Thank you all for the responses! Well I was amazed to see some of the power you guys are pulling on these cars :crazy: . I know I dont need anywhere near 500hp! but what would I have to do to get in the 300hp range, how much dough are we looking at?

Wxman, your numbers are freaking amazing! Awesome car, if you dont mind me asking how much $ have you invested, must be a ton!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Steele said:
Wxman said:
Thank you all for the responses! Well I was amazed to see some of the power you guys are pulling on these cars :crazy: . I know I dont need anywhere near 500hp! but what would I have to do to get in the 300hp range, how much dough are we looking at?

Wxman, your numbers are freaking amazing! Awesome car, if you dont mind me asking how much $ have you invested, must be a ton!
Too much. :) Click this link and you can see one of our dyno pulls: http://www.dashtabs.com/WxmanDyno.mpg

As for cost to get to 300 rwhp, well any stage 1 turbo kit will pull those numbers. I would guess you can get into that hp range at around $6,000.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
good choice for the is300. i wouldn't get any other car other than the g35, which is a tough one to choose between. the bmw 325 is weak and the jaguar x-type will have problems down the line. the caddy is just another unreliabe american pos in my opinion. nothing beats lexus service anyway :D :D :D

p.s. get manual!!!

·
8,880 Posts
There is one common problem,
Once you start driving, you can't stop. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wait for the G35. Way better engine, better chassis, better transmission, better styling. The IS's only advantage is the interior, which looks kinda cheap in the G35.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts