Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have had my IS for almost 6 months and now I want to start adding little things as I continue to enjoy this wonderful car, But first and foremost I think a aftermarket alarm is in order. I had my old DD broken into, and I never wish that felling on any car enthusiast or want to feel that way again!

I have been doing my best to search this board for all the info I can find, only to come up somewhat short. Im not asking for ppl the hold my hand thru this install just looking for ppl to chime in and or leave links in this thread to other threads that might help me.

I plan to Install a Compustar 2WSS of some sort.

And just a FYI... I have intalled this alarm before, on my 06' Evolution, it works great, IMO installing it on my Evo was cake, but from what I understand the IS is a whole other monster.

Im still not sure if I want to add Remote Start or not, because I dont want to make it easier for a theif to steal my car. But I would like info on this as well, pros and cons, ect.

Again like I said, I have done this before, and I feel that I am somewhat electronically inclined, but I want to go into this install 100% of myself! :)

Any and all information is greatly appreciated, and I will + rep.

Thank you.

Jb

·
Registered
432 Posts
theres piles and pile of wires once you remove that cover under your steering wheel. I was going to do it myself too until I took that off and saw all the deng wires.

You will need to keep your original key after you finish installing a whole new alarm system too because your car will still have it's factory immobilizer.

For remote start you'll need a special module like a DEI 1100x to bypass the immobilizer.

this guy is making a module or something... I only read a little of it and a lot of people are putting up other links in there for bypassing the immobilizer.

The wiring for IS300's 2001, 2002+ is also listed in the the12volt.com website too so you might want to check that out.

Good luck, if you succeed then I want you to come over and help me install mine before I pay 100 to get it installed

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good luck, if you succeed then I want you to come over and help me install mine before I pay 100 to get it installed
whoever is giving u a price quote of 100 to install a remote start is giving u a hookup price, serious hookup at that for the is300

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
There are a lot of wiring and soldering into a lot of different components of the car. One can really mess up the a lot of the car easily ..... It took my alarm installer over 2 hrs to wire that big mess of wires, after which he complaint the IS is a bitch to work on with regards to alarms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts