Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way into work, i notice my ride is feeling a lil rough, but not too bad. i made it to the commuter lot with no problems, but when i get there, i notice my tire is about half flat. DAMN! and now the rain is coming in, and the closest gas station doesn't have a pump. i'm screwed. i gotta drive a least a mile on rim. hope it doesn't get bent.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
tar_is300 said:
on the way into work, i notice my ride is feeling a lil rough, but not too bad. i made it to the commuter lot with no problems, but when i get there, i notice my tire is about half flat. DAMN! and now the rain is coming in, and the closest gas station doesn't have a pump. i'm screwed. i gotta drive a least a mile on rim. hope it doesn't get bent.
ummmm there's a spare in the trunk. :suspiciou

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
tar_is300 said:
not anymore, i'm dumb and took it out for the sound system.
Yeah, I remember your system... He can fit a shoe box back there... ;)

I wouldn't take the chance tho... Have someone bring a spare or an air compressor. GL!

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
tar_is300 said:
not anymore, i'm dumb and took it out for the sound system.
I did that with the two cars I owned before the IS. Decided to do other things that don't take trunk space with this car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
III 4U2NV III said:
Yeah, I remember your system... He can fit a shoe box back there... ;)

I wouldn't take the chance tho... Have someone bring a spare or an air compressor. GL!
i had one of my friends drive me to pep boys and picked up a cig lighter driven air pump. worked great. however the 2 hours at merchants gettin the tire patched wasn't fun.

acumenhokie said:
I did that with the two cars I owned before the IS. Decided to do other things that don't take trunk space with this car.
now that work has finally slowed down, i'm redisigning the system for access to the spare. for situations like this

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
2 hours, ouch! I got one of my RE040s patched last fall and on the way to Kings Dominion, it blew @ 75 mph... Thank god nothing serious happened and I was able to shift lanes safely. I never took it back to NTB although I should've... Oh well, not using stock wheels anymore so it's all good. Glad to hear u got things worked out.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
2 hours, ouch! I got one of my RE040s patched last fall and on the way to Kings Dominion, it blew @ 75 mph... Thank god nothing serious happened and I was able to shift lanes safely. I never took it back to NTB although I should've... Oh well, not using stock wheels anymore so it's all good. Glad to hear u got things worked out.
U got rims? pics?

·
Registered
910 Posts
See if someone can give you a lift to the nearest Wally World and pick you up a can of..

If not see if anyone carries a can of it in their car.

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
^^^good idea.. or u should see if sumone has one of those electric pumps that u just plug into ur cigarette lighter, or better yet u should pick one up urself :p
ORRR worst comes to worse.. just throw ur hazzards on n take it nice n easy going like 5mph to the nearest station witha pump
gluck

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orangetang21 said:
See if someone can give you a lift to the nearest Wally World and pick you up a can of..

If not see if anyone carries a can of it in their car.
i prefer not to use fix a flat cause of the stuff it put in your tire, the cig. lighter air pump worked very nice. i got it in the trunk under the sub box(but where i can get to it). so hopefully i won't have to create another thread about this.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
tar_is300 said:
i prefer not to use fix a flat cause of the stuff it put in your tire, the cig. lighter air pump worked very nice. i got it in the trunk under the sub box(but where i can get to it). so hopefully i won't have to create another thread about this.
If you have this problem again you'd better bump this one not create a new thread. :pissed: ;)

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
Seriously?
I was until I learned how the search button works. ;)

Looks nice bro! Don't know where I was when you posted but I checked and I never posted in the thread so I must have missed it. Can't wait to see them in person. :approve:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts