Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
It's been a while since I last posted here. But I've been a member for quite a while. Anyways I'm sorry to say, but I'm giving my IS300 to my girlfriend (we'll share the payments) and will be in the process of purchasing a new TL Type S.

The TL Type S spanks the IS300 off the line. But the IS300 is a much more pretty car, perfect for my girl. She doesn't necessarily care about speed and is more into the looks of a car.

I think if Motor trend would have included the TL Type S in their compro which included the IS300, BMW330, MB 320, and Volvo, I think the TL would have won hands down.

The reason the IS300 won was due to price. Well the TL Type S is faster and cheaper.

Please don't take this as a flame.
It's just my opinion and I will still be partially owning an IS300.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by bubba:
I think if Motor trend would have included the TL Type S in their compro which included the IS300, BMW330, MB 320, and Volvo, I think the TL would have won hands down.

The reason the IS300 won was due to price. Well the TL Type S is faster and cheaper.
I don't think so. The TL-S wil be the faster ones in the group, cheapest one of the group, more luxurious ones of the group. But the TL-S will fail in handling, skid-pad, brakes, and so forth when compared to its opponents. Maybe even worse than the Volvo.

Good luck with that car!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sure the TL is faster, at least until you have to take a turn. The understeer on the TL makes it plow like a pig. Nice car though. I think performance is much more than just being fast. I'll take RWD anyday. If the TL was RWD, it'd be AWESOME (although still a little "plain" exterior-wise).

Scrap.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey - weren't you the guy who posted pics of those gold rims on your IS and then got flamed about a thousand times.... Thought you went away mad... Glad your back. BTW the IS will out handle the TL (imho). You oughta post those pics again....

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by crontab:
I don't think so. The TL-S wil be the faster ones in the group, cheapest one of the group, more luxurious ones of the group. But the TL-S will fail in handling, skid-pad, brakes, and so forth when compared to its opponents. Maybe even worse than the Volvo.
Agreed. That particular comparo metioned the torque steer in the Volvo and the SAAB as major issues. I don't think the Acura will be any better, especially with more power.

Still, the TL-S is a sweet car. I love those wheels. And it does have some power. It's just more like the ES300 than the IS300.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats. You're buying a nice ride and I dont think you'll get any heat from most IS owners. But in regards to Motor Trend, your true colors came through -- you're justifying it with wishful thinking.

Are you sure you're choosing the right ride?

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Kompressor ]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by Badman Forever:
You might as well buy a 4-door Honda Accord and save yourself even more money.
do you only say that cuz you know you can spank a 4 door accord and you cant a tl-s well what you bought is like a 4 door corrola

·
Registered
994 Posts
Actually, the TL, CL and Accord all share the same platform; all are front wheel drive. The IS and Corolla do not sure the same platform; the IS is rwd while the Corolla is fwd. Speaking of which, my parents have a TL, I have an IS, and my little brother has a Corolla. 8^)

--k

Originally posted by mchtypes:
do you only say that cuz you know you can spank a 4 door accord and you cant a tl-s well what you bought is like a 4 door corrola

·
Registered
341 Posts
Didn't we do this once today? Is the CL and TL board down? A CL-S board member already stopped by today to pick you kiddos back up and apologize for your behavior. Why are you still here?

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Kompressor ]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Originally posted by hurricane:
Hey - weren't you the guy who posted pics of those gold rims on your IS and then got flamed about a thousand times.... Thought you went away mad... Glad your back. BTW the IS will out handle the TL (imho). You oughta post those pics again....
ha ha I remember that post. but the guy's name was Mr. Bubbles not bubba. Here the thread.
http://www.is300.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002853

I as for me I like both cars but when it comes to the twisties, the IS300 rules.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
For me, the Acura TL is kind of like a Macy's Parade float. It's huge and heavy, has lots of room for babes, and is kind of cool looking if you only see it once a year. Put a huge engine on that parade float and you've got the TL-S!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
good buy they are nice cars... sometimes it pays to have the money to get both cars huh/// good luck with it and enjoy the TL-S...if I had extra cash I would get one too.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well out family might wantt he tl type s. Not sure though. Just got the is300 and don't want to spend more for another car. Might get it later. If we do get my parents will be driving it. I'll be in my is300.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your right about one thing the IS is a much more pretty car, but much more suited for a man than a woman.(IMO) See below for the true woman's car

Can you say Honda Accord? Sorry dude, but you should keep the IS300 and give grandmas car to your Gfriend!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
For me, the Acura TL is kind of like a Macy's Parade float. It's huge and heavy, has lots of room for babes, and is kind of cool looking if you only see it once a year. Put a huge engine on that parade float and you've got the TL-S!

C- LOL! This guy might want to change his name to Pappy (sorry JD) because the TL body style is for the "older" crowd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bubba good for you that you are getting a TL Type S, but the truth is that if us IS300 owners wanted to buy a TL we could had because the car is cheaper than the IS300,but we decided on the IS300 because thats what we like. So stop your nonsense that the TL could spank the IS300 because we know that the TL is faster but do we give a dam not really because most of us are proud with our IS300.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.