Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with all the Acura cls crap. Has anyone seen them??? They look like Piss. It seems that they're always like "in a straight line I would kill you..." So what if they could... My brothers WRX would rape them, but if you brought that up, they'd say, "But I drive an Acura, you can't compare." Well we drive a Lexus that looks like pimp, handles like nothing on the road, and has the ability to outrun just about anything... I don't know, I just don't understand them...

·
Registered
467 Posts
man i heard that, i dont understand either. theres no competition compare pound per pound IS is a far better car and we know this.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
they just can't deal with the fact that other cars are better than their car

they are so full of shit

they are ragging on the maximas as well~

and even GS400's over at their forum~

really funny~

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
cos their accourd coupe prototype its soon gonna be better than them, thus they feel the threat !

feeling unsafety with their own cars, they start trolling around other people's cars in order to make others feels as bad about their own car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and btw, among audis, bimmers, volvo and other similar car class to is300, acuras is the one i least respect for...

go to other forum and check on how they think about tl-s, cl-s, its gonna be like "yeah whatever.... :roll: :roll: :roll: "

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats funny...b/c your IS430 is gonna be a lot better than your 300....but not to start anymore wars cause this shit has gone on enough, but ive beaten plenty WRX's...off the line they are awesome, but they tend to lose power towards 60mph....anyways, i take nothing away from them cause i saw one recently run a 12.2 at the track and damn......anyways i think ive gone :crazy: with all this acura vs lexus crap....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03CLS6speed Posted: 10 Dec 2002 06:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats funny...b/c your IS430 is gonna be a lot better than your 300....but not to start anymore wars cause this shit has gone on enough, but ive beaten plenty WRX's...off the line they are awesome, but they tend to lose power towards 60mph....anyways, i take nothing away from them cause i saw one recently run a 12.2 at the track and damn......anyways i think ive gone with all this acura vs lexus crap....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's EXACTALLY what I'm talking about... He can't refute the facts that I presented, he can just point out that another car might be faster... Hey wait, here's an idea. I'm going to go to an Acura board and tell them that a Mclaren F1 will beat them, yeah... that'll show them. or, or ,or, I could tell them that Honda Racing makes a car that'll kick their car's ass, or what about the NSX... What a retard... I never said that the IS is the greatest car Lexus makes, or that there wasn't a car that could beat it, just that it (the IS) was better than a cls. Here's something to think about, there will always be someone faster than you. ALWAYS. They could be in a 72 Pinto, if they have the money, it could stomp you. BTW, my brothers WRX runs a 12.65 (I love it when he lets me take it out...) The point is, if we're talking about two spacific cars, leave the discussion in the realm of those two cars. From this point forward anytime anyone says anything like: "Well, Well, but the IS430 will be better than you..." I'm just going to reply with my Mclaren F1 comment...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88185&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Amir, Let me know what I can do to help, I would be interested in launching a lawsuit for time lost from work and aggrevation.

Can someone tell me the use of this "Extended Warrenty" which I have also recieved in "Good will"?? They won't cover any of my current issues (Headunit, headlight, wobble rotors, rattles)...
WTF is the point of the warrenty? I would be going apeshit if I actually paid $1500 for that thing they call warrenty!
lol read the middle of the page~
acura with their pos service~

HAHAHAHa another reason why I went with the lexus~

·
Registered
7 Posts
cl vs is300

Lets be for real. The IS was made to challenge the 3 series. No contest. Bmw wins
Please explain in what way does IS300 beat a TL TYPE S/G35/3 Series.
Stock vs Stock
If the Acura wasn't rwd you wouldn't have nothing to say.
I mean come on people don't say your car is fast when it's being compare to any of the cars up top. I admit you have a nice car but to be honest if you didn't have a lexus badge what will be the real reason to buy your car?

power
interior
looks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Value. Sure, it's a Lexus, but you can't beat a superb chassis combined with a potentially world-beating engine that stops on a dime....

For a price far below the Germans, and not much higher than the CL-S, you get all this in a RWD platform.

As for the G35, I know it's fast... But every person I've spoken to whose sat in the interior/looked at the interior gripes about the quality (or lack thereof).

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: cl vs is300

rrogers said:
Lets be for real. The IS was made to challenge the 3 series. No contest. Bmw wins
Stock vs Stock
I mean come on people don't say your car is fast when it's being compare to any of the cars up top. I admit you have a nice car but to be honest if you didn't have a lexus badge what will be the real reason to buy your car?

power
interior
looks
that's exactly our point your pos boat isn't rwd you dont need to tell us~

if it was a toyota it's still a nice car~ rwd supra engine .. lots of potential

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

rrogers said:
Stock vs Stock

power
interior
looks
and lets be serious and SMART here
ur two door boat, ur build to match 330ci, g35coupe, and such like c coupe

does cl-s stand a chance, now u do the math
any applauding facts cl-s can be proud of ? show me one
any applauding facts is300 can be proud of ? ho ! lots, dont even start, more than u can count if ur not geeky enough !

·
Registered
12,157 Posts

let me counter your arguement with the same mentality ...

"if the IS had 260hp you'd have nothing to say"

anyways, why does the 3 series win, hands down?
customer service?
reliability?
acceleration?
handling?
looks? - (don't bother answering, thats a rhetorical question and based on opinion)
other areas of performance?
engine potential?

go into detail when making such a broad statement

-gte

rrogers said:
Stock vs Stock

power
interior
looks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Benign said:
but there will be an accord coupe :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't laugh brother. Those V6 edition coupes are gonna be hell fast. The auto put a 14.5 sec 1/4 run. And the 6spd one will be faster. Were gonna get raped. haha

·
Registered
467 Posts
get raped maybe thats why we mod our cars. the IS3 is a sports sedan meaning its a total package (styling, performance, reliability, etc.) just cuz these cars have more base horsepower doesnt mean its better. i rather have an 2jz motor then any v6 motor out there.

also check out hyper rev (jap magazine for super cars) and tell me the IS300/altezza isnt the shiets.

·
Registered
34 Posts

rrogers said:
Stock vs Stock

power
interior
looks
your right it dosent have the Lexus badge it has an ACURA badge

power
interior
value
dependable

sidemarker

·
Registered
34 Posts

Benign said:
rrogers said:
Stock vs Stock

power
interior
looks
and lets be serious and SMART here
ur two door boat, ur build to match 330ci, g35coupe, and such like c coupe

does cl-s stand a chance, now u do the math
any applauding facts cl-s can be proud of ? show me one
any applauding facts is300 can be proud of ? ho ! lots, dont even start, more than u can count if ur not geeky enough !
we can beat you in price
we can beat you in power
we can beat you in value
we can beat you in options

sidemarker

·
Registered
13 Posts
isekii said:
they just can't deal with the fact that other cars are better than their car

they are so full of shit

they are ragging on the maximas as well~

and even GS400's over at their forum~

really funny~
You lying POS! We have much respect for the GS400 on our forum....and have many respected members with GS400s on the forum. We also respect the Maxima because at least it can give us a good race. However we don't respect the IS300 because it's slow and the drivers are typical ricers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
One would think that C&D and Motortrend and other car authorities would have lined up the 330 against the IS300 head to head yet the TL-S I believe lost by one point. I'd like to see your do just as good since it obviously wasn't the BMW BEATER either.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
16 Participants
CarbonIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing