Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 years old and I have barely had my lisence for 2 weeks. My dad bought me the car for safety reasons and so that he could drive it a little bit. I am not a very good driver and I am very afraid that I will get into an accident. I don't know what to do, I know the IS is a great car and all but I have friends who have totally wrecked their cars and I am very afraid of this. The car was a gift from my dad. Can someone please help me on what I should do about this situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 16 also... although I'm a very good driver... just try to get better... lates

------------------
Heaven? Hmmm... It's probably a garage with tons of awesome cars... :)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by msfrog:
I'm 16 years old and I have barely had my lisence for 2 weeks. My dad bought me the car for safety reasons and so that he could drive it a little bit. I am not a very good driver and I am very afraid that I will get into an accident. I don't know what to do, I know the IS is a great car and all but I have friends who have totally wrecked their cars and I am very afraid of this. The car was a gift from my dad. Can someone please help me on what I should do about this situation.
I think that you should just do some daily driving. There is no other way you can get comfortable w/ the car and driving. U have a phat ride and ppl may want you to do some $hit with it, so resist the urge to do so. If you aren't comfortable drving in traffic practice at night when there isn't too much traffic around. Getting a feel of the car makes things easier. K-den.

·
Registered
103 Posts
C'mon, people! Doesn't this just REEK of a troll?

Anyway, here's my advice. Your dad is a f***ing moron. Anybody who would put a new driver into an IS300 who's as incompetent as you claim to be should have had a vasectomy.

If he really wanted you to be safe, he would have bought you a new Civic so that it would take 4.7 years for you to even hit 60 mph.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Your daddy also has insurance for the car, so I'd say you should wreck it in about 6 months so you can get a different color. It's always nice to have a new car every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Why don't you fork out a few hundred and buy a heap so that you can practice on that????

Once you've practiced enough on that piece of junk, you'll actually appreciate more on the IS.......

Remember, the heap is just for practicing, and not to be used as a daily transportation vehicle.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hey droika, just because the kid's dad is rich doesn't mean he's a f.. moron.

and to MSFROG, since you already got your license then it should be ok. Your dad probably gave you an expensive car because you are probably less likely to drive like a moron if you drive a lexus compare to.. lets say, a civic. just drive carefully.
He just doesn't want to get in to an accident (get injured) that's all.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
No offense but I hate both of you and your fathers...why couldn't they give you an Integra or something like that?

Took me a lot of hard work to get mine and my sweet crib...yeah, I hate you both.

Agent Smith Out

PS - don't listen to Geoff...he is a little off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
hey droika, just because the kid's dad is rich doesn't mean he's a f.. moron.

and to MSFROG, since you already got your license then it should be ok. Your dad probably gave you an expensive car because you are probably less likely to drive like a moron if you drive a lexus compare to.. lets say, a civic. just drive carefully.
He just doesn't want to get in to an accident (get injured) that's all.

Chroma,

I never said being rich made the man a moron. It was the fact that someone would buy a sixteen year old an IS300 for their first car if they admittedly SUCK at driving. THAT act is moronic, not to mention irresponsible.

Besides, I still think this is a bulls*** post. The tone of the whole thing is very suspect if you read between the lines.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Assuming the original post isn't the troll that it appears to be....

Take a defensive driving class, followed by a high performance driving class. You'll become a better and safer driver and probably reduce your insurance to boot. You'll also lose your fear. It's always good to have a healthy respect for your car and the hazards of the road, but fear will kill.

·
Registered
449 Posts
This has got to be joke. No dad in their right mind would but a Lexus for a 16yr. old. I agree with the other member, the father should have a vasectomy. As for the 16 yr old get a job, earn your keep in todays society!!!!!!

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
175 Posts
God damn you guys are jealous or what? If his father could afford him a new IS300 when he is 16, then when he finds a job, he might be able to afford a Ferrari. If his father buys him a civic now, then he could only buy a IS300 when he has a job. Always go upstairs, but can't skip so many steps at once right?
If I am really rich and if I have a son, I will buy my son a new Porsche 911 turbo, so what? What is wrong with it? Because his dad is rich and be able to spend his money any way he wants to, he could even throw his money in a trashcan because it's his money and the guy is his son.....
Just hate to hear people judging the other people on age.
Don't get me wrong, I love IS300 and I can't afford it right now since i am a grad student only, I am a 95 Honda Accord owner.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It doesnt sound like jealousy as much as it does annoyance at such a dumb post

Originally posted by Japcarfan:
God damn you guys are jealous or what? If his father could afford him a new IS300 when he is 16, then when he finds a job, he might be able to afford a Ferrari. If his father buys him a civic now, then he could only buy a IS300 when he has a job. Always go upstairs, but can't skip so many steps at once right?
If I am really rich and if I have a son, I will buy my son a new Porsche 911 turbo, so what? What is wrong with it? Because his dad is rich and be able to spend his money any way he wants to, he could even throw his money in a trashcan because it's his money and the guy is his son.....
Just hate to hear people judging the other people on age.
Don't get me wrong, I love IS300 and I can't afford it right now since i am a grad student only, I am a 95 Honda Accord owner.

·
Registered
219 Posts
um...um... I'm 12 and my dad just bought me a new Viper. I'm having a little trouble driving it because I'm blind. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Give me a break. I'm with droideka on this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by hurricane:
um...um... I'm 12 and my dad just bought me a new Viper. I'm having a little trouble driving it because I'm blind. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Give me a break. I'm with droideka on this.
Hey HURRICANE
That was pretty funny, I like that one...Overall picture, not everyone is born a great driver, like me, if you had to learn how to drive, might as well drive a car that all of us want or already have..If you got it, you got it. Just don't be a playa hater.

------------------
MJ 300

2002 Models please come!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
this msfrog guy just wanted to start a flame...i bet he's some 40/50 year-old s**ty hater that hates young people who have an IS!
and i bet he's someone else on this board.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you guys are not cool.. if your parents have the money and are willing to spend it.. LET THEM!!.. lets just hope that the child on the other end is mature enough to appreciate and take care of the car.

btw.. i taught my girlfriend how to drive a stick on her 98 M3 sedan.. she was only 20 when her parents bought it for her... i don't always agree with their decision.. but u gotta see this car.. i'll put up pix on day..

------------------
Graphite w/ graphite polished rims, LSD, etc, etc... with no emblems on the back

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.