Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody how much you can advance at atmospheric or vaccum and how much you can retard on boost our cars? Thanks

Cmonnn... i know some of you know this. Spill it. And dont tell me to search or read up... or call the dealer... cuz i already did.

What ive been trying to do is go up to 26 in vaccum... and around 9 in boost.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. lets start talking about them. Thats what this thread is for.

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
RPM, Temperature, Gear/load, humidity, boost pressure, type of ignition systems and fuel systems you are running? I don't know a whole lot as I am still learning myself. I am just now getting pretty comfortable with the VE table and tuning the air/fuel ratio. I haven't ventured too far into timing yet but know I need to. If anyone can post some more information that would be great. Thanks guys. - Jayson

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well load and rpm are most important. The others are just small variables. There should be a range for the IS stock or with lower compression. LIke Im running from 10 at idle to 25 up in the rpms. Then in boost... I go from the last value of that rpm before starting boost... down to 9 in the boost side. Im still experimenting with this also... like i said before... I need some advice.

As for the small variables... they are ~80 degrees, ~65 humid, ~990 mBar baro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts