Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does one retard there ignition timing?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
on a stock car? why?

anyway, just put lower octane gas like 89 and the ecu will detect lower grade octane and automatically retard ignition timing a couple degrees.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dasgalloway said:
For what purpose? Your intent helps decide how you should do it.

nitrous

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also if i get a safc 2 will that affect the ingniton timing? or cam gear?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
also if i get a safc 2 will that affect the ingniton timing? or cam gear?

You can tune the SAFC with the Cam gear to get maximum gains

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and y r u 2 helping me? trying 2 blow up my car?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMPRIMIS said:
Fine don't listen

Why don't you search for HKS cam gear and tuning

i know that all thats stuff is tuneable i dont know if it would effect my ingnition cause it needs retarded.

i dont get u 2 what r u plotting.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
i know that all thats stuff is tuneable i dont know if it would effect my ingnition cause it needs retarded.

i dont get u 2 what r u plotting.
plotting?

Look you can take adivice or search for the answers the choice is on you.

Obviously if you knew you would not be asking, but you are and I was offering advice

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well b4 u 2 were on my shit in the pl and ur helping me. So if everthing works out on this car with the 100 shot,safc 2, cam gear, hiper,wr intake. would i hit q.m. run?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
well b4 u 2 were on my shit in the pl and ur helping me. So if everthing works out on this car with the 100 shot,safc 2, cam gear, hiper,wr intake. would i hit q.m. run?
This is not the PL this is the rest of the forum (now in there I will not be as nice :bigSmile: )

Sorry that is the way it works :lol:

Anyway:

Not sure the run time, just cause I think that nitrous is BS on any car that is just my outlook on it.

WR(weapon-rice) intake? I assume...ditch it I suggest getting an INJEN with a good heatshield

And get a good tune on the SAFC with the cam gear, and the intake, and the exhaust and then run it man

All depends on the driver

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea its a weapon r i thought it was sweet. actually im having the corner of my engine bay cut out and putting a 4" pipe tapered to the pipe that i have now for cold air. \

nos is easier to hide with warranty work..not by much tho

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
yea its a weapon r i thought it was sweet. actually im having the corner of my engine bay cut out and putting a 4" pipe tapered to the pipe that i have now for cold air. \

nos is easier to hide with warranty work..not by much tho
4" pipe

yeah man, don't install that till you are ready to tune, will def throw off everything

And don't remove it w/o getting retuned.

and don't say "nos" you have a Zex Nitrous kit, this is not fast and the furious

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a 4"- 3" will throw everying off.. its going 2 b the same now just bigger up front. wouldnt it equal out considering its farther down?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
a 4"- 3" will throw everying off.. its going 2 b the same now just bigger up front. wouldnt it equal out considering its farther down?

an intake for the IS is about 2.5-3" (AEM, INJEN) the SRT is the largest @ 3.5" (has the RECU to trim out A/F)

You go adding a 4" pipe with a reducer to 3" that may cause some effects

You want a CAI: Go full 3" piping or get a LMS CAI

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Fine don't listen

Why don't you search for HKS cam gear and tuning
WTF are you talking about? you can't retard ignition w/ that crap. Do you even understand what he's asking?

honestly, why are some of you trying to give advice when you clearly don't know anything about this?

to answer the original question.

the easiest way to retard ignition timing is to get the emanage and set it up. that way you'll be able to add fuel(which likely you need to w/ the nitrous anyway), and retard timing.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
a 4" intake pipe will screw up the MAF signal and will likely cause problems.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
IS_Dude said:
WTF are you talking about? you can't retard ignition w/ that crap. Do you even understand what he's asking?

honestly, why are some of you trying to give advice when you clearly don't know anything about this?

to answer the original question.

the easiest way to retard ignition timing is to get the emanage and set it up. that way you'll be able to add fuel(which likely you need to w/ the nitrous anyway), and retard timing.

You my friend are correct. you can only pull ignition through a electronically. Be very careful. The fact you are asking such questions lead me to think you should get the car done professionaly. No insult intended. These motors are not cheap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts