Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard plenty of horror stories about people ordering from iForged. If you have a set of iForged please respond by saying the following please:

1) How long your order took.
2) If you are happy with the outcome of the wheels. (finish, build quality, and any other aspects or problems)

I am sure there are a few people that actually got their wheels in an acceptable time. (or are there??)

I am trying to decide whether to order some Senekas from Iforged and deal with the wait, because the price is very attractive. I am looking at the HRE 540R's but they are going to be another $1200 more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 6 month Horror Story

rmmgs4 said:
Answer this question ..... why does one always hear about the bad stuff or negative aspects of a company and why it took so long to get wheels. Why doesnt anyone say anything about the good stuff? I am not sticking up for anyone in any way, just would like to hear something good about the company. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
184 Posts
1) at least a month or two longer than what was quoted (but i wasn't in a hurry, so it didn't bother me)

2) No.... wish i would have never got into that mess. But i learned my lesson, and now i'm loving my volk GT-7s

btw, my iforged wheels spent more time off the car trying to fix the problems then they did on the car. and now i have 4 paper weights.

Some people have been happy with their purchase and i honostly would like to see the company solve it's problems. They make some good looking wheels, but i wouldn't wish the issues i had on anyone.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
1. Ordered my rims during the first week of October 2002 and got the rims on the last week of January 2003.

2. I'm pretty happy with the rims, I only paid $2400 for them. Overall quality from a scale from 1-10, 10 being perfection, I'll give them an 8.

I did however run into problems with 2 of my rims, to summarize it 1 rim had a slight wheel hop while another had a severe wheel hop. The one with the severe wheel hop needed to be re-trued. There's a thread where I mentioned it.

Just a FYI, one thing that disappointed me was the rims weren't hub-centric. I was told by iForged that they'll give me hub-centric rings but they never did. I eventually bought a machinist caliper and measured the bore and picked up some rings. Custom rims should be custom tailored to your car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
this really freaks me out.. but i went through rdmwheels and they have told me over and over that they haven't had problems like the ones mentioned and they said it'll be ready in 6 weeks.. already been about 3.. so got 3 more left.. anyways i think i know how u feel.. this is alot of money to be spending on rims.. u would expect them to be exceptional to say the least.. but theres all these horror stories.. anyways im stuck now whether its true or not.. but if u want to wait till i get mine and i'll tell u if everything actually went according to plan.. i've got 19 inch revs ordered.. already paid for half of it.. paying the other half when its ready to deliver..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crazeeis300 said:
this really freaks me out.. but i went through rdmwheels and they have told me over and over that they haven't had problems like the ones mentioned and they said it'll be ready in 6 weeks.. already been about 3.. so got 3 more left.. anyways i think i know how u feel.. this is alot of money to be spending on rims.. u would expect them to be exceptional to say the least.. but theres all these horror stories.. anyways im stuck now whether its true or not.. but if u want to wait till i get mine and i'll tell u if everything actually went according to plan.. i've got 19 inch revs ordered.. already paid for half of it.. paying the other half when its ready to deliver..
Did you get polished or chrome or?? Yeah i wish you good luck and i hope you get them on time. I spoke to a guy from Iforged today and he was pretty firm that it was going to be 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
LexusinSac, iForged does have around a 98% delivery time in 4-6 weeks. Sometimes orders do get delayed because of the finishing. Right now the finishing is the thing that takes the longest. We do over a few advantages over other rim manufactures. We give you the largest lip in the rear with a 2.5". Other forged 3 piece manufactures top off at 2". Our current delivery time is 4-6 weeks for polished. Also as noted we did have problems with our clearcoat before, but now we use the same finisher as HRE and Kinesis and no longer experience any problems with the clearcoat. If you have any more questions you can contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
iforged said:
LexusinSac, iForged does have around a 98% delivery time in 4-6 weeks. Sometimes orders do get delayed because of the finishing. Right now the finishing is the thing that takes the longest. We do over a few advantages over other rim manufactures. We give you the largest lip in the rear with a 2.5". Other forged 3 piece manufactures top off at 2". Our current delivery time is 4-6 weeks for polished. Also as noted we did have problems with our clearcoat before, but now we use the same finisher as HRE and Kinesis and no longer experience any problems with the clearcoat. If you have any more questions you can contact me at [email protected][/quote]iForged..is there any possible way i can order some 19's that will give me a 3.5in lip in the rear with a custom offset while maintaining the safe 9.5in rear rim that will prevent me from having to roll the rear fenders?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iforged said:
LexusinSac, iForged does have around a 98% delivery time in 4-6 weeks. Sometimes orders do get delayed because of the finishing. Right now the finishing is the thing that takes the longest. We do over a few advantages over other rim manufactures. We give you the largest lip in the rear with a 2.5". Other forged 3 piece manufactures top off at 2". Our current delivery time is 4-6 weeks for polished. Also as noted we did have problems with our clearcoat before, but now we use the same finisher as HRE and Kinesis and no longer experience any problems with the clearcoat. If you have any more questions you can contact me at [email protected]
Well if you can promise me a 4-6 week wait time I will order some polished wheels from you. You say that you have a 98% delivery time, so does that mean the dozen or so people i have been in contact with are the 2%??

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Reaper, if you have a custom offset you want to use in 9.5 let me know, I will put it into the computer and see if it is possible. Right now the largest lip I have been able to fit on the back of an IS300 is a 9.5 witha 2.5" without any fender modification and a +55 offset. I would love to put a 3.5" lip on the rear, but I doubt it will fit underneath the fender. You can email me at [email protected] and we can go over some fitment numbers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
LexusinSac said:
iforged said:
Well if you can promise me a 4-6 week wait time I will order some polished wheels from you. You say that you have a 98% delivery time, so does that mean the dozen or so people i have been in contact with are the 2%??
If you look at the people you are in contact with, they ordered more than a year ago when we first started the 3 piece line. At that time we were not 98% efficient. We just started getting efficient around sept of 2003. If you are just doing a polished finish the wheel will be delivery in 4-6 weeks. If you want the clear coat their will be an additional wait. The delay is never the machining it is actually the finishing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iforged said:
LexusinSac said:
iforged said:
If you look at the people you are in contact with, they ordered more than a year ago when we first started the 3 piece line. At that time we were not 98% efficient. We just started getting efficient around sept of 2003. If you are just doing a polished finish the wheel will be delivery in 4-6 weeks. If you want the clear coat their will be an additional wait. The delay is never the machining it is actually the finishing.
So if i order and it takes longer than 6 weeks i can cancel it? I just dont want to wait longer than 6.

·
Registered
608 Posts
2 months on the first 3 and another 1.5 and the last one.

happy but not completely pleased....

wheels are painted and not powder coated (chipping at the center cap while installing it)

last wheel was missing a valve stem. u cant pick up those valve stem just anywhere.

two of the wheels have light but noticeable scratches on the polished lip
not to big of a deal cuz i can fix that

all said and done..... im not gonna do business again unless they give me a killer deal!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
If my rims dont come in on time.. i'll make sure to tell all of you guys.. right now im pretty confident that i forged is a quality company.. i run a business so i know how tough things can be for the beginning stages.. its not to say you are not a high quality company just becuz of some initial problems.. however i paid the high price for a reason and the beginning stages should be over by now.. not only should it include high quality custom rims but also quality service.. pretty much just arrive when there suppose to arrive.. anyways i heard i forged moved to a new better larger location and have much better overall quality including on time deliveries.. so i'll keep everyone informed and i'll let you guys know if i forged did a good job for me or not..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i hope iforged realizes their huge potential # of clients here on this board alone. Professional business practices/ customer relations is whats keeping alot of us from buying these iforged brand. No doubt these rims look dope but the headache we hear about detours a number of us away. Looks like its still gonna be SSR's or HRE's :D until i hear some more happy iforged customers. Time will tell

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've actually dealt with Iforged before. The last order I had took 3.5 weeks. My customer was pleased with the product. I've also had iforged wheels on my own car(the yellow one).

-Arnel
America's Tire Company

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.