1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright heres the deal:19 inch aeros
19 x 8 in the front
19 x 9.5 in the back

My car will be droped about 1 inch to 1.5 soon.

I know the tire size for the front wheels (235/35/19) the problem is i dont know about the back because i have heard so many different stories. i forged recmd. (245/35/19) but i was told that the tire might be to skinny. Would a (265/30/19) be better?? I am open to tire suggestions as well as brands. Keep in mind that my car WILL be droped around 1-1.5 inches. A LITTLE RUBBING IS OK. A lot is bad.

Also i dont even know what fender shaving is so if u tell me i have to do that then tell me how or if i need to go to a shop for it then thats ok. I would prefer not to modify my fenders

Also. brands i am looking at are the Nitto 555, Toyos and any others u think are better would be nice. I drive my car pretty hard so keep that in mind. I know that the nittos hydroplane easy but they are cheaper than the toyos.

Finally if anyone knows where to get good prices for tires that would be great because the tire place by me...Americas tire co said they would price match. or i could just order from the place that you suggest.

Thanks everyone this will be a TREMENDOUS help.!!!!!!!!!!! :D :)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I think I-Forged recommended 245 so you don't rub. Anymore you might have to roll/shave the fenders.

As for tires...DO NOT get Nitto tires. Read the sticky above by Brandon @ Tirerack for the best tires.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
At 1.5" with 235 in the front and 19's you probably will rub. should be 225's in the front and 235's in the rear without any mods to the fenders. 245's with 1" might not rub 1.5" might rub, 1.5" with 2 people in the back (say 200lbs or more) will rub. What are your offsets? That will make a hug difference also.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i've got the same iforged set up as you.

Mine are Toyo FZ4 225s up front and 245s in the rear. I'm dropped ~2.5 inches, and even with 3 passengers i dont rub. Only rubbing that occurs is up front during hard turns.

Once i wear out my existing tires, i'm going to roll my rear fenders and get 265s to protect the lip of the rim.

-j

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
???

now when u roll a fender what is actually being done? Sounds like this might be better actually so i can get a bigger tire

·
Registered
596 Posts
Fender Rolling

It is a simple process most body shops or performance shops can accomplish. Basically, the excess metal on the inside of the fender is pushed to be flush against the fender wall.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok

keep the advice comming...also dont forget if you know of any places that sell tires fairly cheap let me know so i can price match it. :D

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I'm running 235/35 and 245/35 right now. The front driver side rubs against the plastic wheel well when I back up quickly and turn the wheel towards the right.

Eventually, I'm planning to run either staggard setup, 235/35 and 275/30 or 225/35 and 265/30 when my tires wear out. Hopefully I'm running boost by then. By the way, here's a fender roller.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does rolling the fenders take away from the apperance of our cars at all. I think i will just roll em and get 265's. ...the more tire i can get the better

so 265 and roll the fenders?
or 245 with no fender mods?

what do you all think

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
lexustcy, where did you get your fenders rolled? Any places in chicago you recommend? What price should I be looking for? Thanks

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I got 19x9.5 HRE's and fit a 265-30-19 on the rear w/o rubbing....its was REEL close tho...but we filled the car up with 3 200+ lb. buys and drove the piss outta it and was fine but I shaved the fenders anyways....
-Matt

·
Registered
207 Posts
pinktri said:
lexustcy, where did you get your fenders rolled? Any places in chicago you recommend? What price should I be looking for? Thanks
I had them done at bodywerks they did a bad job and cracked the paint on every fender so I wouldnt recommend them look to pay arond $75-100 a fender

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i guess we will just see what happens. I have awhile before i recieve the wheels so keep the advice/stories comming and the prices if you all have any. Im still trying to decide on the tires. I am hearing good/bad things about nitto but only good things from toyo and others.Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have the same wheels and to be honest with you 235's in the front will rub too much. I have 235/35's in the front and the minute i drove them off the wheel warehouse shop the rubbed too much. now ive had them for about 3months and the rubbing has gone down but i still rub when i hit dips in the road or approach really hard. in fact my fenders got bent and i had to take them back to wheel warehouse to get them fixed, which all they did was bend the metal back into place. if you wanna see what happened to my fender i can meet up with you and i can show you what they did to the back fenders. they cut them so i could have clearance for the 265/30. u dont have to roll the rears cutting it will look better. my car is dropped about 1.5in and ive had 4 people in my car, heavy people too, and i never rub in the rear, just the front, but like i said only on hard turns and dips on the highway. i would go with 225's in the front, thats what im going to get when i get new tires. the tires i got are the continentals sport contact2. so far i am very happy with them, very quiet and i get good traction, plus they have a high tread wear rating. im getting my fenders fixed possibly this week, Wet Works Garage does rolling of fenders and they arent that expensive. i think he said 45 bucks a fender and it doesnt take a lot of time to do, he said u can wait while he does it. well let me know if you wanna meet up....youre gonna like the rims a lot, but youre gonna hate cleaning those bastards...dam rivets!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts