Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
auto or manual??

i'm confused which one i want!!!

auto is nice, comfortable don't have to worry about getting tired or anything... smooth smooth ride..

stick more sporty. always liked stick :shame:

any ideas?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
toekneepark said:
auto or manual??

i'm confused which one i want!!!

auto is nice, comfortable don't have to worry about getting tired or anything... smooth smooth ride..

stick more sporty. always liked stick :shame:

any ideas?
all depends what your future mod's are....

if u enjoy racing, etc......

do you have a lot of stop and go traffic when commuting to and from work?

both have their advantage's and disadvantage's....

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Well, I think people should be thinking this now: Do you want boost? If so, how much?

The manual tranny's seem like they're dropping like flies with boost. Auto's can take it. That's something to think about if you don't want to drop $$$ into a new tranny.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
Well, I think people should be thinking this now: Do you want boost? If so, how much?

The manual tranny's seem like they're dropping like flies with boost. Auto's can take it. That's something to think about if you don't want to drop $$$ into a new tranny.
good point...
i like my 01 auto.. its nice.. im happy

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
If you want more power and wanna spend less Id say go for the Auto...theres nothing like a manual...But theres also nothing like an Auto beast where you can just mash on it...Hectic_1 Tampa's Toyomoto Is300 seen here:

Stage II Toymoto over 400+rwhp AUTO...and its a CHAMP ...runs soo hard and dips out...Hector the owner literally just mashes it like a lil go kart..and hes off....I love the Turbo IS300 in auto...I havent driven the 6spd yet as my car is not finished...but I will do a FULL write up onn my car and my Toyomoto experience in a couple weeks...
-Matt

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Id get the manual(which i have). Even if i was going to turbo id still get the manual.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Sentinel said:
Id get the manual(which i have). Even if i was going to turbo id still get the manual.
the stock w55 manual tranny can only hold a certain amount of power...and its a somewhat faulty transmission as we have seen so many people with problems and replacements over the past year...

i'm sure its fun to drive though.....just must be aggrivating for all those who had issues...

:chill:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
Sentinel said:
the stock w55 manual tranny can only hold a certain amount of power...and its a somewhat faulty transmission as we have seen so many people with problems and replacements over the past year...

i'm sure its fun to drive though.....just must be aggrivating for all those who had issues...

:chill:
Yeah, believe me. You won't be happy when you're shelling out the cash to replace the shitty tranny. And you'll be VERY pissed off when that same one breaks...V160 is really the way to go when holding power. But it costs just a bit :wink:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
would have gotten a supra tt

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Wino_II said:
DL said:
I would have gone the e46 M3 route or Acura NSX.
The NSX is slow. :roll: Another car to add to my list of overated...next to the skyline.
dood how you can diss a R34 GTR? the powerplant is second maybe to a GTE motor??? the RB26DETT is a STOUT motor and with the AWD that car can be a monster...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts