Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had $1000 to blow on your IS, what would you get IF you were like me. By that, I mean, I love my stock IS as it is appearance-wize. Don't want ground effects. Love the stock tires and wheels as they are. Not into the whole import scene, really. Just really dig the car.

So I guess the options are more motor-type stuff.

I also don't want to void my warranty.

So...that limits things doesn't it! hahha

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
HoustonLex said:
sways and exhaust
I second that. I would recommend the TRD race sways. As for exhaust, since you want to be close to stock, I would look at the L-tuned to Blitz Nur Spec.

I'm looking for TRD race sways and an L-tuned exhaust myself.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crontab said:
HoustonLex said:
sways and exhaust
I second that. I would recommend the TRD race sways. As for exhaust, since you want to be close to stock, I would look at the L-tuned to Blitz Nur Spec.

-crontab -l
OK, I'm REALLY new to this car stuff. I know of TRD but the L-tuned part I don't understand. Sorry.

Oh, also, to make things even trickier, I have to use the dough at Pep Boys. I have a $1000 gift card there. So TRD isn't an option.

Oy.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
:lol: You're screwed. I don't think you can get anything worthwhile for 1k from pep boys. Maybe some cleaning stuff? :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
ISMYIS said:
crontab said:
HoustonLex said:
sways and exhaust

-crontab -l
OK, I'm REALLY new to this car stuff. I know of TRD but the L-tuned part I don't understand. Sorry.

Oh, also, to make things even trickier, I have to use the dough at Pep Boys. I have a $1000 gift card there. So TRD isn't an option.

Oy.
Unless Pep Boys is able to special order parts for you from aftermarket suppliers, your kinda out of luck. They don't really carry any thing that would be nice for the IS.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
your fucked...

$1000 bucks is going to buy A LOT of those glow in the dark washer nozzles....

Order a set of Bridgeston S-03's for your ride...1000 bucks should cover mounting and balancing...

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah!! i hooked up my brotha's camry for less than $20 there with chrome hubcaps, air fresheners, neon wiper blades and do-it-yourself tint!! :crazy: :crazy:

dude, seriously. just use the gift card to buy the little shit your car may need, ie wax, polish, chamois, leather cleaner, wiper blades, bulbs, etc. leave your car the way it is, you don't need to be spending no gift card at PEP BOYS to hook your car up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
TDaddy said:
yeah!! i hooked up my brotha's camry for less than $20 there with chrome hubcaps, air fresheners, neon wiper blades and do-it-yourself tint!! :crazy: :crazy:

SWEET!!! I am going to do the same thing to my car. Well I drive a 1995 Grand Am... It is going to be awsome!!!

My grand am is Hella fast!!! Could whoop any IS on Forum!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
oh wait, not u i mean the black rsx doodd !!!

oh btw, pep boys, 1000 dolla ?

humm... u can use it for their service maybe, like buy aftermarket stuff than assemble em at pepboys ? does the gift card works that way ?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
ISMYIS said:
Well, you guys have been a great help. I see newbies are quite welcome here. :roll:
What do you mean by this?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
hey, just check the pepboys website, u can get some intake cos they have aem and injen with em, or lower ur car *they have eibach with em*
or change ur fog bulbs, any bulbs i believe

so i quess u wont waste that 1000 dollars, hope that helps !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts