Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
1> More power
2> Black interior roof liner (instead of ivory), and drop the chrome around the shifter and on the air vent controls.
3> Better gas mileage (reduce vehicle weight?)
4> More power
5> More power

(I already added a front armrest and a subwoofer so I won't ask for those).

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Actually, I am rather pleased with the package. Sure more power would be more fun and would likely shut a lot of the IS haters up...but who cares. I bought this car for me...not to impress or race them.

I am thinking about that Swift Racing Intake mod though...not sure if that makes me a hypocrite or an idiot...maybe I'm both...I can live with that.

Also - I just figured out I didn't answer the post's question...increase power, lumbar adjustments and replacing the MPG dial for something...useful.

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
187 Posts
I actually think the IS has pretty good power for its price. But of course, there is no such thing as enough power cuz one can never be satisfied. Thus, the reason why aftermarket parts for cars make a killing from us drivers who long for more speed...

The only thing I would change would be to take tape deck out and replace it with say an MP3 player or MD. I can honestly say I haven't used my tape deck more than 5 times ever since I first drove it out the lot in June.

·
Registered
654 Posts
1. The JDM option of minidisc player over a tape player is definitely something I wouldv'e liked since the last time I used a cassette was about 3 years ago.

2. I understand that the IS300 is a luxury sedan type car, but it really needs to go on a diet. I mean, the IS weighs almost as much as a R33 Skyline!

3. The IS definitely has the *look* that makes everybody think "Wow, that is fast!"... why not have something under the hood to defend that exalted image?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I only have little, nit-picky things I would want changed.
1). A center arm rest (I'm not as handy as TEG, although I'd love to do something similar).
2). Self-locking doors - all the doors automatically lock as the car accelerates past 5 mph. I have this on my other car and I didn't realize how much I depended on it until I got the IS.
3). Memory seats - once you get that perfect driving position the car wash guy can never screw it up again.
I know these are all small things, but I am very happy with everything else about the car.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Boot TEG's ass off this forum for being a communist sympathizer, trust in Lexus' knowledge and judgement and marketing skills to slightly improve power, freakin armrest wins the DOH, I knew we forgot something, and offer an L-tuned car that was more go than show.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1) Replace Civic quality interior materials w/ Lexus quality ones. -- So not gotta happen.

2) More powerful yet lighter aluminum block engine. -- Probably in couple years.

3) Manual -- that's coming in 11 months.

I am not being greedy, am I?

·
Registered
106 Posts
You know Doug, if you don't even own an IS or even want to, then why are you haning around the forum? Go play with your Vette buddies and quit putting everybody down who happens to like the IS.

·
Registered
176 Posts
1/ more power
2/ firmer steering
3/ replace MPG gauge w/ oil pressure gauge
4/ Indiglow-Blue dash instead of red(so bimmer)
oops, 1 too many

·
Registered
333 Posts
A Better E-Shift system
More low end torque
More oomph
An interior worth the price you're paying
That cool Navi system on the Altezza
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs, Inspire tails, Air filter....many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
654 Posts
What do people have against the interior? Full leather interiors really suck in hot weather... the Escaine is soft and comfortable... a lot better than "itch" (velour)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I personally like full leather, but the IS300 interior looks pretty good so I don't really mind. No cloth for me though, I hate cloth.

·
Registered
635 Posts
1) 2JZ-GTE motor
2) 6 Speed gear box
3) MD player
4) Subwoofer
5) Louder exhaust

·
Registered
65 Posts
1) Get rid of the coated mirrors; it actually made mine waterspot!
2) Interior roof liner should be vinyl, or whatever was in my '97 Prelude (easier to clean!)
3) No DRL's!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
1) transmission - manual, manual, manual, manual --- that's coming out soon, yippppeeeeeeeee!

2) more power (power to weight ratio can be improved) - optional engines, (turbo maybe? Lexus..are you listening?)

3) standardized stereo unit- (although factory cd changer is nice, it's hard as hell to fit aftermarket radio in there!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
24 Participants
BigJoeD
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing