Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If the IS300 didn't exist then this Forum would suck and Geoff would have no one to pick on....
Eric...
but seriously speaking I think most people would go for either the BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Mercedes Benz C-class, Acura CL-s, or second hand BMW M3....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Probably a used GS3 (couldn't afford, or should I say wouldn't have wanted to spend the money on a used GS4 or a new GS3).

My other option was to wait another year and see if anything cool came out.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I was waiting specifically for the IS... If it didn't exist, I don't know what I would've gotten. Maybe the TL? At the time, the 330's weren't out yet either, and that would've been too expensive anyway...

If I had to do it again, right now, the new C-Class would be at the top of my list. I suppose I might have looked into a four door M3 as well.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited November 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hey, I resent that!

Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Probably a used GS3 (couldn't afford, or should I say wouldn't have wanted to spend the money on a used GS4 or a new GS3).

My other option was to wait another year and see if anything cool came out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Probaly a E36 M3, 94 and up SupraTT, 3rd Generation RX-7, or a used 540i w/ Sport package with six speed(probaly not since its not cheap, but i'd try to find one).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got my IS300 on saturday and am very happy with it. The other 2 cars I was looking at were the BMW330ci & MB C-320. My first choice was the 330ci, then the IS, and then the C-320. I ended up getting the IS because it came fully loaded for 35g's(got it for 32 flat) and it came with the graphite polished rims(makes me feel like i have M5 rims :p). The 330ci with just sport package, auto, sunroof, and xenon lights cost 38g's and all bmw dealers wouldn't budge on price cause they had to pre-order it...and the benz felt to "old-man" for me.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
No one mentioned the Aztec...didn't one of those trolls claim it beat the IS?

A4 2.8 Q - would have likely been the car.
or I'd wait for the TL 3.2 S Type.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would have gotten the A4 2.8 Quattro, or waited to test drive the S60, or if I could really poush it, try to see when the Infiniti G20 replacement (with V6 engine) would be available.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Chosen one of the other cars I was seriously looking into:

TL
CL Type S
A4

(the odd ball -- the CL because it's a two door but, damn, I like the interior and all the standard equipment)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
A supra turbo mk4, or a SC300 with the 2jzgte and 6 speed in it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts