Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Manual transmission IS300 was also available at the time of the its introdution, would you still have opted for the Automatic or would you have gone for the Stick Shift instead...?
Eric....

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would've opted for the stick if it was availiable. However, considering all the traffic that I go thru and not to mention the fact that I just fractured my left leg this weekend, I can't be any more happier that my IS is an auto. Even with one working leg, it is still fun to drive.

·
Registered
666 Posts
sorry guys I'm on the other side of the fence on this.

This is my daily commuter car and plus my wife drives it as well. So automatic is mandatory for me.

Now if I were still single that would be a different story. I'd have a manual and a crazily modded IS300!

Man do I envy TURBOIS's car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on the waiting list for the launch of the IS, but I opted not to take delivery because I wanted a manual transmission. I recently put a deposit down at a Lexus dealer for the 2002 IS with a manual transmission and nav system. It's going to be a long 9.5 months until the car comes out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would probably be driving one now if the manual was available. It is probably a good thing that the manual didn't come out this year since I can't really afford it right now.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I would have had a serious dilema if both choices were available now. It was time for me to buy a new car this year, so in a way I am glad I didn't have to make that choice.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Auto even if offered the choice.

Manual - been there, done that. Lots.

The IS surpasses so many other cars that are offered with a standard, that it matters little to me that it fails to surpass even more only because of its auto tranny. I LOVE the choices Lexus made with this vehicle. It is so much fun to drive I wish my commute was longer. At lot longer. Really.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I did want a stick, but the 5 spd auto is very nice and smooth...kinda getting used to it now.
Since this is my daily commuter (at least for most part of the year) I think I still would've opted for the auto.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stick! Stick! Stick! Would buy it in a heartbeat if available right now. Mean time, been so anxiuosly waitin'. My old lady can't drive a stick but she has the Accord so I'll be the only IS driver! YEAH,BABYYY!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am debating on selling my new IS300, I really want a 5 speed. Driving a auto is the most boring thing. My car is perfect and I would never even consider selling it if it was a 5 speed. The sooner the 2002 gets here the sooner I CAN GET THE PERFECT CAR!!!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
STICK STICK STICK.
I have been on this board for a while, and for a certain time, I was SOOO tempted to go ahead and buy the auto, and just do a trade in when the 5spd gets out. That going to be hella money down the drain though.

But, my deposit in, and i will just have to wait painfully for my 5spd

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Instead of completing paperwork on a 98 GS 400, today, I would be driving an IS with the stick AND GPS.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Rice King:
The idea of owning a sport car with an automatic is beyond pathetic.
a "Sports car?" I think you mean sports sedan... GS400/430 and E55 AMG buyers must be beyond pathetic then....

Eric....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
16 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing