Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-then why did his people elect for him to Die?

-did God punish the Jews with the halaucaust b/c of that ^^ ?

-will Jews go to heaven?

-was Jesus really a Jew?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
read the bible, Jesus was a jew, the jewish religion does not accept him as the messiah, hence they do not recognize the new testament.

pontious pilot gave into the crowds demand of having him put to death for fear of a riot, there wasn't any reason for them to feel those feelings, no crime had been committed. the reason it did, was because it was Gods will, part of the prophecy, in order for Jesus to die a martyr, and to be given an undeserving punishment reserved for sinners, even though he was sinless .... he had to be put to death. he took the responsability and punishment that all sinners would receive (metaphorically) in order to become a gateway between humans and God/heaven, by becoming human, living on the earth for ~33 years, going through temptations, and finally dying, and coming back from the dead after 3 days.

God didn't punish the jews because they fulfilled his prophecy, nor was he a hitler supporter.

Jews will not go to heaven, unless they accept Jesus Christ as their savior (the same circumstances required for everyone else), he is the key to the gates that lead to heaven.

i'd suggest you read some of the bible to get the whole story, my memory isn't the greatest, but my basis should be spot on.

-gte







Lexus_Rex said:
-then why did his people elect for him to Die?

-did God punish the Jews with the halaucaust b/c of that ^^ ?

-will Jews go to heaven?

-was Jesus really a Jew?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
IS300GTE said:
read the bible, Jesus was a jew, the jewish religion does not accept him as the messiah, hence they do not recognize the new testament.

pontious pilot gave into the crowds demand of having him put to death for fear of a riot, there wasn't any reason for them to feel those feelings, no crime had been committed. the reason it did, was because it was Gods will, part of the prophecy, in order for Jesus to die a martyr, and to be given an undeserving punishment reserved for sinners, even though he was sinless .... he had to be put to death. he took the responsability and punishment that all sinners would receive (metaphorically) in order to become a gateway between humans and God/heaven, by becoming human, living on the earth for ~33 years, going through temptations, and finally dying, and coming back from the dead after 3 days.

God didn't punish the jews because they fulfilled his prophecy, nor was he a hitler supporter.

Jews will not go to heaven, unless they accept Jesus Christ as their savior (the same circumstances required for everyone else), he is the key to the gates that lead to heaven.

i'd suggest you read some of the bible to get the whole story, my memory isn't the greatest, but my basis should be spot on.

-gte







Lexus_Rex said:
-then why did his people elect for him to Die?

-did God punish the Jews with the halaucaust b/c of that ^^ ?

-will Jews go to heaven?

-was Jesus really a Jew?
gte-

do u just know a lot about religion or are u a Christian? sounds like u believe in it, but some people just know a ton about it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
IS300GTE said:
Jews will not go to heaven, unless they accept Jesus Christ as their savior (the same circumstances required for everyone else), he is the key to the gates that lead to heaven.
But since the Jews did not believe in Jesus and do not believe in the 2nd Testament..they don't need to believe in Jesus to go to Heaven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
both, although far from being a good example, i still try


ISthree00 said:
do u just know a lot about religion or are u a Christian? sounds like u believe in it, but some people just know a ton about it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
IS300GTE said:
Jews will not go to heaven, unless they accept Jesus Christ as their savior (the same circumstances required for everyone else), he is the key to the gates that lead to heaven.
But since the Jews did not believe in Jesus and do not believe in the 2nd Testament..they don't need to believe in Jesus to go to Heaven.
Jews are still waiting for the messiah - they don't believe that Jesus was it. Where as Christians are waiting for the 2nd coming of Christ. Christ coming to earth as a man created a new covenant that changed the way Christians live. If u don't believe that you're a sinner and that Christ took your sins upon Himself and you don't acccept Christ as your savior, I believe you don't go to heaven. Jews don't believe this therefore I don't believe they are saved... There are messianic jews though that do believe Christ was the messiah - hence messianic. I believe they go to heaven.

All this being said, it's not my place to judge - i'm just trying to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Take half an hour and read any one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). They're the first 4 books of the new testament and outline the life if Christ. That's what I believe - you are free to make your own decisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
ISthree00 said:
But since the Jews did not believe in Jesus and do not believe in the 2nd Testament..they don't need to believe in Jesus to go to Heaven.
Jews are still waiting for the messiah - they don't believe that Jesus was it. Where as Christians are waiting for the 2nd coming of Christ. Christ coming to earth as a man created a new covenant that changed the way Christians live. If u don't believe that you're a sinner and that Christ took your sins upon Himself and you don't acccept Christ as your savior, I believe you don't go to heaven. Jews don't believe this therefore I don't believe they are saved... There are messianic jews though that do believe Christ was the messiah - hence messianic. I believe they go to heaven.

All this being said, it's not my place to judge - i'm just trying to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Take half an hour and read any one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). They're the first 4 books of the new testament and outline the life if Christ. That's what I believe - you are free to make your own decisions.[/quote]

and I believe otherwise...and you REALLY can't say who is going to Heaven and who is not....
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Lexus_Rex said:
-then why did his people elect for him to Die?

-did God punish the Jews with the halaucaust b/c of that ^^ ?

-will Jews go to heaven?

-was Jesus really a Jew?

they elected him to die, because of mob rule and very much because of political influences. and yes... to fulfill the OT prophecies

im sure God didnt punish the jews nor condone what hitler did, however if you do read the part where jesus is condemned by the jews, there was a part, i forget where they say "let his blood be on us and all our ancestors" to pilate. you interpret it as you will

who will go to heaven/nirvana/etc... who are any of us to judge this aspect? just because ghandi was not christian will he go to hell? did he not believe in christian ideals? did he not live a christian lifestyle? IMO its more of a matter on how you live your life rather than what you believe in life. if you believe that just because you are christian, that gives you a better chance for heaven, you are as hyppocritical as the saducees/pharacees that condemned jesus.

yes, jesus is a 100% jewish person. he is even listed in roman records as a person that existed. just because his own people persecuted him does not mean that he was not one. same races fight with one another all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
and I believe otherwise...and you REALLY can't say who is going to Heaven and who is not....
All this being said, it's not my place to judge - i'm just trying to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Take half an hour and read any one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). They're the first 4 books of the new testament and outline the life if Christ. That's what I believe - you are free to make your own decisions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
ISthree00 said:
All this being said, it's not my place to judge - i'm just trying to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Take half an hour and read any one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). They're the first 4 books of the new testament and outline the life if Christ. That's what I believe - you are free to make your own decisions
Yet you say that Jews can't go to Heaven cause they don't believe in Jesus...Here's something..Jesus was a good Jewish boy, followed the Jewish religion closely...so did his parents...Mary wasn't a virgin...and Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
IS300GTE said:
read the bible, Jesus was a jew, the jewish religion does not accept him as the messiah, hence they do not recognize the new testament.

pontious pilot gave into the crowds demand of having him put to death for fear of a riot, there wasn't any reason for them to feel those feelings, no crime had been committed. the reason it did, was because it was Gods will, part of the prophecy, in order for Jesus to die a martyr, and to be given an undeserving punishment reserved for sinners, even though he was sinless .... he had to be put to death. he took the responsability and punishment that all sinners would receive (metaphorically) in order to become a gateway between humans and God/heaven, by becoming human, living on the earth for ~33 years, going through temptations, and finally dying, and coming back from the dead after 3 days.

God didn't punish the jews because they fulfilled his prophecy, nor was he a hitler supporter.


Jews will not go to heaven, unless they accept Jesus Christ as their savior (the same circumstances required for everyone else), he is the key to the gates that lead to heaven.

i'd suggest you read some of the bible to get the whole story, my memory isn't the greatest, but my basis should be spot on.

-gte
A nice answer gte...not to be rude, but that bolded statement is quite odd.
Many jews believe that their 'heaven / hell' is made right now...in this lifetime.
I must say that I applaud everyone for the intellectual and mature responses. (not always that way in the PL).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
don't be ridiculous, Jesus wasn't ever married, and mary was a virgin until she married joseph and then slept with him afterwards.

as for his comment about jews not going to heaven, he can say that, the question was asked if they are going to heaven, and according to the Bible they are not, unless they accept Christ as their savior.

have you read the Bible? if so, you shouldn't be disputing that this is what it says. heaven in the christianty sense, is based upon certain principles, one of them being that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior in order to get in. there is also certain other truths that go with that, such as that unless you are alive during the 3nd coming, or you were elisha, you won't enter heaven without dying first. read up if you haven't already

-gte








ImpulseXvX said:
ISthree00 said:
All this being said, it's not my place to judge - i'm just trying to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Take half an hour and read any one of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). They're the first 4 books of the new testament and outline the life if Christ. That's what I believe - you are free to make your own decisions
Yet you say that Jews can't go to Heaven cause they don't believe in Jesus...Here's something..Jesus was a good Jewish boy, followed the Jewish religion closely...so did his parents...Mary wasn't a virgin...and Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
IS300GTE said:
don't be ridiculous, Jesus wasn't ever married, and mary was a virgin until she married joseph and then slept with him afterwards.

as for his comment about jews not going to heaven, he can say that, the question was asked if they are going to heaven, and according to the Bible they are not, unless they accept Christ as their savior.

have you read the Bible? if so, you shouldn't be disputing that this is what it says. heaven in the christianty sense, is based upon certain principles, one of them being that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior in order to get in. there is also certain other truths that go with that, such as that unless you are alive during the 3nd coming, or you were elisha, you won't enter heaven without dying first. read up if you haven't already

-gte
Did he say, "IN THE BIBLE"? No..he didn't...so stop trying to push the bible on others..and YES..I have read the bible when I was younger..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Mary was a Jew, and was also around 13 when she "had" Jesus. This is the official position of the Catholic church, through the research they have done. Jesus was also a rabbi and led a life of Judiasm.

I'm Jewish, and I'll be the first one to tell you that we don't put as much emphasis on going to heaven as Christianity does. We don't teach that you accept a savior before being let into heaven. It's more of we believe in the same God as a Christian does, so we all get grouped into the same catagory when it comes to the afterlife.
 
1 - 20 of 116 Posts
About this Discussion
115 Replies
34 Participants
s0yb0mb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top